cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am restoring a 1996 Sea Ray 175...

MrWizard
Guest Contributor

I am restoring a 1996 Sea Ray 175 BROB (Bow Rider Outboard) that has the Fish 'N Ski package. I need to replace the 4" x 4" Maximum Capacities decal label that's inside the boat, on the driver's side wall. The original decal has been rubbed off over the years by the shift level (which I have replaced) and the only thing still visible on the old decal (besides the model # and the Sea Ray name and address) is "8 persons." I can have a replacement decal made, but need to know the following info:  1) Maximum allowable pounds of the combination of motor, persons & gear, and 2) Max HP rating allowable for this hull.  Does anyone out there have this boat or a similar boat with an outboard that can advise me? My boat has a 115 ELPTO Mercury outboard, and from the Merc website I have found that the motor weighs 368 lbs. I also believe that they allow an average of 150 lbs per person, so 8 persons X 150 = 1200 lbs. But I would still need to know what is allowable for "gear" on this type of boat to get the final maximum capacity tally. Sea Ray no longer has this info for my boat, and they suggested this forum as my last hope of finding the information I need. Hoping someone can HELP!!! and thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Bridog
Guest Contributor
8 persons or 1100lbs
1700 lbs persons, motor, gear
125 HP
FYI this site doesn't get much traffic. Try www.clubsearay.com

MrWizard
Guest Contributor
Bridog- thanks so much for your reply. I have also posted my question on the website you suggested. One more thing- where did you get the max capacities info from? Thanks again, very much- big help!

Bridog
Guest Contributor
After trying all the usual places ended up finding same model on YouTube.

MrWizard
Guest Contributor
PERFECT! Thanks again!!!