cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a replacement for my...

mjresq4
Guest Contributor

Looking for a replacement for my central vac unit, the Beam model#35, Sea Ray #1690898 does not seem to be available anymore. The space where the current vacuum motor sits is pretty tight and looks like I will need pretty much an exact size can. Has anyone found a good replacement?

12 REPLIES 12

Kil
Guest Contributor
Have you gone to the Beam website? Perhaps you could call them and ask if there is an updated replacement

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
My 2018 Sundancer 460 came with a Dyson vacuum. Way better and easier to use than the central vac on my previous Sea Rays.

Capt__Pete
Guest Contributor
I agree. I took the hose etc home and store a unit that breaks down into 3 parts in the same space. Much easier to use and does a better job.

Leftie
Guest Contributor
I replaced my unit with a Dirt Devil CV1500 from Defender Marine on our 2001 460 DA. It fits and works great.

mjresq4
Guest Contributor
Thanks to all for the input. Leftie, I looked at the Dirt Devil and think it might fit if I lay it on its side. Not sure if the compartment is the same, I have a 2006 440DA. The current vacuum is mounted in a triangle compartment between the stairs and the sofa. Is this the same spot?

mjresq4
Guest Contributor
Kil, I did look at the Beam website but probably do need to call to get the full answer. I searched for a replacement but did not one listed anywhere.

Leftie
Guest Contributor
mjresq4
No, it’s not the same location. Good luck.

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
mjrwsq4 I hope you consider the Dyson. even Sea Ray figured out that it is a better option than a central system.

mjresq4
Guest Contributor
lady Patricia, It's up for consideration. I keep a small shop vac in the dock box and use that most of the time anyway. My problem is my OCD mind says if there is a central vac on board, it needs to work.

Captain_Mark
Guest Contributor
I went round and round looking for a replacement. I talked to an older gentleman that has a vac shop and wants me to bring it in and review for a possible different motor to go it since my Beam motor is no longer made. ( we have a Dyson on board too)

mjresq4
Guest Contributor
So, I called a local shop, explained the situation and the guy said " probably not worth repairing, you should just replace it with a new one" Really?! Geez, wish I had thought of that before I spent all that time LOOKING FOR A NEW ONE.

Capt__Pete
Guest Contributor
Mine works fine but a Shark upright that breaks down is much better. I put the hose in storage and use the same space for the Shark now.