cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sealand toilet on my 44 sundancer...

usual1
Guest Contributor

My Sealand toilet on my 44 sundancer got clogged by a paper towel thrown in by a guest. seems that it went inside the pipe. any ideas on how to fix it?

6 REPLIES 6

wingless
Rising Contributor
The best solution is to use one of those miniaturization rays on your guest and send him down to fix the clog.

If that is known to be the problem, then another option is to use something like this w/ the spring end unwound to make a hook to try and snag the obstruction and pull it back.

If that doesn't work, the the disgusting option of disassembling a failed Vacuflush system is probably the only option. At that point replacing the hoses w/ new might as well be performed. Mine takes two 10' sections, w/ a coupling and hose clamps at the joint. My boat has an access panel to permit proper assembly / disassembly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drain-Cleaner-1-4-inch-x-25-ft-Portable-Sewer-Snake-Clog-Cable-Auger-Plumbing-/251705178750?epid=1700152805&hash=item3a9acc3a7e:g:kp0AAOSwX61ZCmbS

Alex_F
Guest Contributor
IMO, since a paper towel will not dissolve, the furthest it can travel is to the first duckbill valve. Chances are you'll have to disconnect the sanitation hose by the first valve and remove the paper towel.

Peteatthebeach
Guest Contributor
Try a small shop vac. Turn off the head and water and try sucking it out

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
About 10 years ago I had the senior engineer from VacuFlush tell me to treat each marine head every two weeks with about 4 ozs of Dawn dishwashing liquid. Since then we have never had to replace Duck bill valves or service the heads. Marine toilet paper is also a must as it does dissolve.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
In this case put Dawn in the head and use a toilet plunger to get the Dawn into the piping...should solve the problem.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Wait 20 minutes then flush using the plunger to assist.....