cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ripl
Team Ripl
Team Ripl

introduce yourself.png

We're so glad you're here - let's get to know each other!

In the comments below, share with the community.. 
- where you get out on the water 
- how you get out on the water (powerboat owner, boat club member, kayaker, sailor, riding on a friend or family member's boat, etc.) 
- your favorite activities on the water 

We can't wait to get to know you!

23 Comments
katejolene
Team Ripl
Team Ripl

Hi, everyone!

I get out on the water pretty much anywhere I get the opportunity, but mostly interior Michigan lakes when visiting my sister or on the intercoastal of Florida when I visit my best friend.

I don't own a boat, but many of my friends and family do. So, I am lucky enough to enjoy their boats (powerboats, pontoons and kayaks) whenever I visit them...and to be a good passenger, I bring snacks and drinks for everyone. 🙂

My favorite activity on the water is to simply relax and enjoy time with the people who mean the most to me.

I am a Brunswick employee.

kfreeburn
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hey there fellow boaters!

I'm located in Edgewater, FL and do most of my boating on the river or offshore in Volusia County. We love to fish for reds and trout, or cruise to a sandbar with the pup. Whenever we get the chance, we also love to travel down to the Keys or over to the west coast during scallop season.

If you live in the area, comment back!

210MTK Island (2).jpg  19.jpgroscoe.jpg

katejolene
Team Ripl
Team Ripl

@kfreeburn That is a FISH! Impressive, girl! 😲

Oh, and your pup is super adorable, too. 😍

Next time we're over by NSB, we'll definitely have to meet up.

WaterWanderlust
Team Ripl
Team Ripl

Hi! I'm Colleen. I work at Brunswick, but have worked in boating for more than 12yrs!  I have so many favorite spots + boating adventures from Puget Sound + the San Juan Islands off of Seattle to the BVIs and more! However, my most frequent boating spots are near Chicago. 

I usually go boating in  Lake Michigan in Chicago, Lake Geneva in WI and less frequent, but 1-2 x a summer we hit up Green Lake in WI and sometimes the UP in MI and Door County in WI. 

I don't own a boat (yet!), but have friends with boats, plus we rent and would love to join a club in the near future! 

Favorite activities are cruising with family and friends, watersports - like wakesurfing and tubing, sightseeing (cool houses to whales- love a good scenic ride from the vantage point of a boat) and fishing (if I can catch anything - I will say Salmon fishing in the San Juan Islands was pretty unreal, I got to ship some fish home). 

Excited to learn more about all of you! 

apangelinan1
Guest Contributor

7509E0D9-EF75-4131-9513-468963108181.jpeg

5DF68F1E-98AA-46B7-896F-BF7BE57D2D67.jpeg

68AC3077-ECC7-46F7-A5B2-42EDF3EB8EF9.jpeg

E1D17D32-150D-4458-857B-F690F986F5D7.jpeg

Aloha. 
We are located here in SWFL and new to the boating world (2 years now) by proxy through Freedom Boat Club (FBC). We moved here from CO in 2020 and absolutely love it! We joined FBC soon after settling in and have been enjoying the boating life and the benefits the club offers. We were going to buy a boat in 2020, but was introduced to FBC as an option to get acquainted and comfortable first with boating and it was one of the best decisions/investments we made. We are minutes from marinas nearby that give us access to boats at any time. So we are literally out on the water every weekend, weather permitting of course. We have introduced family and friends to the FBC boating life (4 plus now signed up)  and take advantage of our ability to now show the best side of Florida to everyone that comes south to visit. We are a household of military veterans, first responders, medical professionals, business owners and software executives that are grateful and blessed to be living and enjoying the “Salt Life”. Mahalo 🤙🏾

kfreeburn
Community Admin
Community Admin

@apangelinan1  It's so great to hear that you're loving the FBC life! Would love to hear more about it sometime 🤗. And big thanks to your family for all they do (veteran, first responder, medical and more)! I come from a first responder family as well. 🙌

Happy boating!

apangelinan1
Guest Contributor

I appreciate it! Many thanks to your family as well for their dedicated service. 😊

Dukester
Guest Contributor

Hey everyone! I love all these pics and stories. It is clear family is important to so many of you as it is with me. We love the outdoors. I alternate between early morning inland fishing and family tubing, sunning, and swimming. We trailer a pontoon to many lakes in Michigan and love it so much. We have a shorter season than many of you and we’re jealous!

Ripl
Team Ripl
Team Ripl

Welcome to our corner of the internet, @apangelinan1 & @Dukester - we're so glad you're here! 

Smalliefan2
Guest Contributor

I'm Dean, been boating with family since age 4, 73 now. Hardcore fisherman,almost exclusively chasing bass, occasionally panfish. Spend most of my time on the Tennessee river, since the boat launch is six miles from the house. Mostly fish Chickamauge or Nickajack lakes. Do travel some to fish, St. Lawrence, Lake Champlain. Job transfers has given me a change to fish from Texas to Vermont. 

Currently fish from an old Ranger. Baby is a garage queen when not wet. The new truck can sit in the weather.

IMG_0210 (1).JPG

Hym
Guest Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am Bob from Miami, Florida.  I am an avid boater and salt water offshore fisherman.  My kids are boaters as well and now have their own boats so mostly I let them take me out (payback time :).  Nice to meet you all and have a great rest of the week.

WaterWanderlust
Team Ripl
Team Ripl

@Smalliefan2  Welcome. Love that you have been boating for almost your entire life!

Have you checked out Brian Latimer? You can virtually get to know him here on the blog: https://community.brunswick.com/area/blogs/meet-brian-latimer-professional-angler/article/16886,

I know he'll have more content with tips, tricks coming soon, so stay tuned!

WaterWanderlust
Team Ripl
Team Ripl

@Hym Welcome to the Ripl Hub! That's amazing that both your kids have boats and now take you boating - what a great way to spend time with them. If you haven't seen the latest blog on organizing your boat. Check it out here: https://community.brunswick.com/area/blogs/video-a-professional-organizer-s-top-boating-tips/article...

Maybe you can inspire them to organize your boat too. 😉 Just kidding. So glad you're here! Look forward to seeing you around the Hub. Have a great weekend. 

Hoops
Guest Contributor

Hey there Ripl team, 

I'm Mat one of the Product Managers at Brunswick- specifically fishing systems, i would love to know more about how people use our Simrad and Lowrance fishfinders. I love saltwater fishing and try to get out as much as work lets me! 

I have worked in and around marine for most of my life, have built my own ski boat and worked in a wide variety of roles in marine.

Dogtooth1.jpg

bluefin2.jpg

Poseidon pics.jpg

Tangaroa.jpg

TN_River
Guest Contributor

Hi All,

Avid freshwater fisherman here.  Mainly chase crappie, catfish, and striped/hybrid bass.  My home water is Wheeler Lake in Alabama, but fish all the TN river impoundments as well as some other smaller Alabama lakes. 

Tight Lines!

IMG_0022.JPEG

IMG_0423.jpeg

IMG_0594.JPEG

IMG_0941.JPEG

IMG_1766.JPEG

IMG_3668.JPEG

CaptainJon
Guest Contributor

Hi. My name is Jon and I am a USCG licensed Master Captain from West Michigan. I am divorced, as are several of my friends and we are all members of Freedom Boat Club. I drive charter yachts and sightseeing tours in the summer in Chicago, and I use FBC boats as often as possible! My friends and I try and use at least one new Freedom Boat Club per month… and we plan our vacations around the Club locations! We travel to Florida and California for winter boating, and to the east coast for fall boating. I am also a founding member of Boat Safe Chicago, which is a group of professional captains who are working with the Chicago Harbors and yacht / sailing clubs to educate boaters on maritime safety, including private lessons. Thanks Ripl!!!! Keep on being Awesome!!! 

5DCB5B0B-7BE4-4E30-9764-4232E1640A02.jpeg

17ED4E06-4B59-4B07-9009-AB073BB63111.jpeg

CAC522FB-C8DC-4DF6-9408-5720CEF78C96.jpeg

TomSr
Guest Contributor

Member of the Freedom Boat Club of San Diego. I am retired and so I try and get out on the water as often as I can. In San Diego we are blessed with perfect boating weather year round. I enjoy offshore fishing for tuna, Mahi Mahi and yellowtail as well as whale watching and sometimes just taking my grandkids out for a spin on a pontoon boat around Mission Bay. 

I will be in Naples this spring and look forward to using a reciprocal reservation for a fishing trip to the 10,000 Islands area. I’ll let you know how that turns out in a future post.8EDE4537-CF0C-45BB-9AE5-E27F9B712FC8.jpegDC990FA5-F885-45CA-A1B3-89106FEBE1C3.jpeg

steelhead21
Guest Contributor

I am Bryan. I am also an avid fisherman. I love to fish for Salmon, Steelhead, Trout and Bass. I also love to hunt, especially for Elk in North Eastern Oregon. 

Scuttlebutt
Guest Contributor

Hello my fellow Boaters, 

My name is Erik Kyle- I publisher a boating magazine called Great Lakes Scuttlebutt (hence the name Scuttlebutt on Ripl!)

https://www.greatlakesscuttlebutt.com 

Looking forward to connecting with fellow boaters and sharing our experiences...

We also created a "social" platform for boaters called "Scuttlebutt" (the App) it is all things boating!

https://scuttlebutt.app.link/download

Check it out and we hope to see you more on Ripl! 

Jdinardo2
Guest Contributor

I boat whenever I can and wherever I can. I get out on my small jonboat and my dads powerboat. I mostly go fishing while on the water but sometimes I go tubing. I’m from Susquehanna Pennsylvania 

Ferchu
Guest Contributor

Hi everyone,

Fernando, from Spain. I work in a family Company which represents various Brunswick brands as Mercury, Bayliner and Quicksilver.

Every summer we have a boat ready for all our employees so they can easily enjoy boating with their families and firends. It is in a small lake close to our premises.

We love going there anytime we can.

I share some pics of the last time 2 weeks ago.PHOTO-2023-07-19-20-05-34.jpgPHOTO-2023-07-19-20-05-34 (1).jpgPHOTO-2023-07-19-20-05-34 (2).jpgPHOTO-2023-07-19-20-05-34 (3).jpgPHOTO-2023-07-19-20-07-34.jpgPHOTO-2023-07-19-23-12-47.jpg

Cresswind-Ken
Guest Contributor

Ahoy Mates!

Greetings from Freedom Boat Club Ft Pierce.

I am looking for an offshore fishing buddy who knows the local waters and has knowledge of baits and rigs for fishing in 80" plus waters.

Retired so weekdays are best for me as my wife makes the plans on the weekends .

Have 35-plus years of bay water experience. Not into rough water boating.

Like diving in 40 ft or less. Have a Fishing license for salt and fresh and will fish in both  

Let's catch dinner together and HOOK-UP!

Capt Ken 

Cresswind Ken @ PGA Verano 

Cresswind-Ken
Guest Contributor

Ken and Gen OBX.jpg