cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

315 Conquest (2019) cushions falling apart

S2Oliver
Guest Contributor

One of the cabin cushions in my 2019 315 Conquest started to show signs of cracking when the boat was 2+yrs old.  This cracking continued to grow like a cancer and now most of the cushions in the cabin are in some stage of deterioration.  I was told there was a manufacturing flaw of some sort around the 2018 - 2019 years, but cannot find any details.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

I have raised this numerous times with the dealership where I purchased the boat.  They have been nominally responsive, but when they do respond, they keep telling me that Boston Whaler is not responding to them.  

Deteriorating Cushion.jpg 

9 REPLIES 9

CaptBrett
Rising Contributor

I would go direct to whaler! 

OTHER WAYS TO REACH US

By Mail (the old fashioned way!):

Boston Whaler

100 Whaler Way

Edgewater, FL 32141

If your matter is urgent, you may call Customer Service at 1-877-294-5645

(8:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM – 5:00 PM EST, Monday through Friday)

Thanks,
Capt. Brett M. Sause
USCG Master Licensed Captain
https://themarineminute.com/

CaptBrett
Rising Contributor

Hello sir, do you hang dehumidifier bags in your cabin?  although probably not the cause, this is a good protocol call for all cabin boats,  https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Dehumidifier-Moisture-Absorber-Deodorizer/dp/B07MTR2WXR this is a little strange to me, i wouldn't think it was a cushion defect.  

I would take this issue direct to whaler and see what they say.  would like to know the outcome. 

safe boating 

Thanks,
Capt. Brett M. Sause

Bdoran
Guest Contributor

Did you get any feedback from BW?  I'm a member of a number of FB groups, and there are numerous, numerous posts about this condition on at least the Conquest series going back a number of years.  Best of luck.  I hope you've been able to solve the condition.  Not good at all.

S2Oliver
Guest Contributor

I finally went direct to BW via their "contact us" page on the BW website.  I received a response that said in part, "Per the Boston Whaler Limited Warranty Statement ...  Cushion are only covered for one year."  And then went on to say, "Boston Whaler is willing to offer you replacement cushion at a reduced rate of 50% off MSRP.".  I chose not to push the point that I belive that this is a manufacturing defect and see if they will make good on the 50% offer.  I have reached out to my local BW dealer and they are supposedly working with BW to let me know about cost to replace all of the cushions in the lower cabin.   

Bdoran
Guest Contributor

I guess something is better than nothing!  Hopefully, the replacements are covered in a more durable product.  Here's hoping to a final positive resolution.

CaptBrett
Rising Contributor

Well, thats a bummer,  i would have hoped for whaler to step up to the plate and fix. 

Thanks,
Capt. Brett M. Sause

BWGUY
Guest Contributor

IMG_9039.jpeg

IMG_9039.jpeg

 I have the same issue. This boat spends 90% of its time inside climate controlled area. These cushions have never been sat in. Did you get help? Thx 

ChoeyBoys
Guest Contributor

Wow, that’s quite incredible!  Definitely must be a material defect.  I have a 2005 305CQ and my cushions have seen plenty of use over the years but are in nearly perfect condition! Disappointing that BW will not replace 

CarlJ
Guest Contributor

I own a 2014 Conquest 315 and have the same problem.  I paid to replace the cushions in the cabin under helm deck, NOT CHEAP!!  Surprised that neither Brunswick or Whaler gave a s***!  Now the cushion that protects your head as you go below deck is flaking.  I'll remove the cushion and have it recovered.  Haven't inspected the forward cabin cushions or bolsters yet.  But why should they be any different?  Someone suggested going direct to Whaler.  Don't hold your breath.  You're only important until the check clears.  I bought an extended warranty several years ago, which was only selectively honored for a few small issues.  When the original Kohler generator died, I had to buy a new generator with not so much as a "sorry about that chief!"  Bought a Westerbeke and had it installed for 25K.  Love the new generator.