cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mercury Vessel View

Bill
Guest Contributor

#BWOCEntry

Hi this is Bill in Charleston. I own a 2016 Boston Whaler Super Sport 130. I install the Mercury VesselView product to my engine. The install is easy and within minutes the Mercury VesselView product is up and running on the app in your phone. The UTube video is easy to follow for install and setup. I put a suction cup cell phone holder at the helm so I can monitor the engine essential data while underway. You can customize the screen and add all your maintenance and notes. It’s totally worth the investment.

#BWOCEntry

6 REPLIES 6

kfreeburn
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Bill! What feature do you like best in the Vessel View Mobile app? We really like the charts and the holeshot features.

I am a Brunswick employee.

Bill
Guest Contributor

I like the ability to customize the screen to the engine parameters that are important. I like the hole shot to see how fast the boat is preforming. I also like that I can move the VesselView to another engine to verify engine hours or engine faults before purchase.

kfreeburn
Community Admin
Community Admin

Yes, the customization feature is really great. My husband likes to try and beat his holeshot time every few months 🤣.

I am a Brunswick employee.

Bdoran
Guest Contributor

Bill after months of waffling and then finally reading your post I decided to finally go ahead and purchase the VesselView module for my Conquest 345.  Sounded easy enough but now I just have to find the connection point in the quagmire of zip tied wire bundles behind the console.  I opened up the console back immediately after getting the module, then decided ....... oh this is going to have to wait for another day!  Looking forward to getting installed and who knows ... with these near-winter weather we're having days away from the start of May; I may have plenty of time! 🙂

Bill
Guest Contributor

Hi, 

I read your post on the Mercury Vessel View.

My installation was on a Mercury 40 hp.

I follow the UTube directions of plugging into the data port on the engine under the cowling of the 40 hp. Your large vessel might require a different install but I thought it was Bluetooth from the data Vessel View harness to your phone. 

CaptBrett
Rising Contributor

i use mine all the time as well!

Thanks,
Capt. Brett M. Sause
USCG Master Licensed Captain
https://themarineminute.com/