cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Welcome to the Mercury Racing Community Forum!

jrod19
Guest Contributor

i have a 2022 30' phantom vee bottom, twin 300r motors. ive run 104mph with Dewald 5 blade over the hub props 32"x 15" x 17 degree rake @6400 rpms. ive run 96.8mph @6500rpms  with a set of standard looking 32" full barrel bravo 1s . what pitch Max 5s would you recommend and ST or standard Max 5? i do not need lift in the rear. i ran a set of hill signature 32" x 15.25 x 15 degree rake and the boat was not good 103 mph  6350 rpms. i would really like to buy a set of the 300hp cnc props. please help.

thank you ,

jose rodriguez 

3 REPLIES 3

Bseubert
Official Racing Partner

I would recommend the ST Max five if you don't need stern lift.   32 max fives if your able to turn the 32 pitch hill's. 

Brett Seubert

jrod19
Guest Contributor

I tested and bought a set of 34" Max 5 ST's  the boat ran 104 @ 6300-6400 rpms depending on trim slip I am very happy with that performance.  how much more performance would the CNC props give? i wonder what pitch in the CNC i would need, 33"? i would go with 18 degree rake. what diameter would be recommended ?   

Bseubert
Official Racing Partner

Awesome to hear how the Max 5's worked out.   I'm gonna turn this one over to @NickPetersen  

Brett Seubert
Community Tips

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the Community.