cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

250R Sport Master Prop Advice

lwheeler
Guest Contributor

I just bought a 250R and it was installed on my 2009 Ranger Z21 (lead sled) and the dealer put a Fury 3-bladed prop on it and I am thinking I need to go to a Mercury Racing prop instead. I am getting about 65 MPH at about 6,100 RPM. The hole shot could use some work. I normally could figure this out on my own but the sport master coming up so high has me perplexed about what I should consider for testing to narrow down the exact prop needed. In using the prop application on the website, it came up with these 6 possibilities: Max 5, Max 5 SY, Bravo I FS, Pro Max, Bravo I LT, Bravo I XC. I am not going to be able to put my hands on this many high-end props to test, so anything that will help me narrow it down would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

danielwi
Guest Contributor

@lwheeler any update on this?  Curious to know how what prop you ended up with and what you are seeing for performance! 

Community Tips

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the Community.