cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 270 slx, and was considering...

dhass
Guest Contributor

I have a 270 slx, and was considering removing the carpet and installing sea deck. The kits on ebay look affordable, but is it possible to have a professional looking job when finished?

11 REPLIES 11

WickedRx
Guest Contributor
Those sea deck products look very nice, but I would recommend you fully understand the maximum temperature they reach in the sun. My personal experience, both owning boats with them and being on boats owned by others with that decking cover is they get very hot in full sun. It is difficult to stand on them without shoes or sit on them on the swim platform without towels covering them or getting them wet to cool them down. An alternative might be the new woven vinyl carpet. Doesn't get as hot and is virtually indestructible. We installed Infinity woven vinyl in a light gray and we love it. It gets warm with sun exposure, but not as bad as the sea deck stuff I've experienced. This is one opinion. Good luck.

Harmony
Guest Contributor
I have to agree with Wicked rx.I did a boat with Seadeck 3 boats ago on the swim platform and it was easy to install. Just take your time with he template. But it does get hot and I ripped it putting an anchor down on top of it. My last two boats have the basket weave carpet. Much More durable, looks great and doesn’t get too hot. Good luck!

Shark
Guest Contributor
The stuff getting too hot to walk on was true in the past but the new product is fine. I have it on my swim platform and rear deck with no problems with heat. You do have to be careful with items that can rip it however. I bought mine from a local company that made it and install it.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
I’ve researched it and want to put on my swim platform but a salesman at the Miami boat show told me it was on one of their display boats and it got all damaged from foot traffic also if u ever want to remove it everyone told me this including Seadek good luck

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
The other product that everyone is talking about is better it can be removed to clean and has no snaps to install looks like Seadek but is more of an outside carpet check into it better for wear also and can be removed to clean that’s what I’m going to do

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Corinthianmarian.com

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Corinthianmarine.com
Sorry

MV_Second_Wind
Guest Contributor
Snapincarpet.com. They did I a great job for me on my 370 DA. They have most or all Sea Ray templates.

Geaux_Tigers
Guest Contributor
I did mine in SeaDek and it was the best thing I ever did. Just take your time and go slow. Also, mine doesn't get hot at all and I'm in louisiana where it's hot as hell.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Came out beautiful did they make the pieces for u and u just stuck it down

Geaux_Tigers
Guest Contributor
Because they didn't have a kit for my model, they sent me
a template kit which had pieces of mylar (clear plastic film) that I had to trace in marker for the outline of the pieces I wanted. I essentially traced the non-skid patterns so it was actually pretty easy. You send them back and they digitize the pieces and send you printed versions to check for fit. I actually made some adjustments to the first set of pieces before I had them make the pieces. Then once the pieces were made you just clean the floor really well and peel and stick!