cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 260 Sundancer...where is the...

DueWestGreg
Guest Contributor

2007 260 Sundancer...where is the cabin fuse box?  I blew the 12V DC outlet that is located under the microwave.  I see the wiring harness in the manual and that it is a 15amp fuse but do not see the location of the fuse block.  Appreciate any help!

14 REPLIES 14

DueWestGreg
Guest Contributor
Looked in the engine compartment for a fuse block as well...did not see one...know there is one...couldn't find it either. Thanks!

JohnK1
Guest Contributor
Have you looked in the glovebox under the dashboard? I have a 2014 260 and I have a set of fuses there.

bob_giesler
Guest Contributor
Could be under the dash

Kirkland
Guest Contributor
hey good morning, your fuse box is at the helm right under the steering wheel. best of luck.

DueWestGreg
Guest Contributor
Thanks for your responses. The 'control' fuse box under the helm doesn't contain any of the cabin fuses. I'm looking for the fuse block that would contain fridge, microwave, 12V DC plug in outlet, water pump, A/C,...all stuff in the cabin. The wiring diagram shows fuses located right next to the above switches...apparently behind the cover for the entire power/switch panel located in the cabin. If there is a separate fuse block for cabin power, I have not been able to find it. Guess my next step is to take that panel off and see if I can locate some fuses adjacent to the switches

Kirkland
Guest Contributor
Greg, to be sure there is a circuit breaker panel just left of the microwave,behind a door which is about 12" wide and 30 inches long it contains the AC & DC switch panel to switch settings for microwave, fresh water pump, fridge etc. is it possible the breaker needs to be reset or replaced. Then there is the DC panel under the cockpit wet bar sink. There is also a Main AC breaker located in the transom just above your shore power connection, perhaps you need to do a reset on that breaker. Beyond that there is no other fuse box on the 260 beside under the steering wheeel at the helm. The outlet under the microwave has a builtin fuse (Protection) it can be reset by simply pushing the button located in the middle of the outlet. and if that does not work, simply replace the outlet with a proper replacement from a marine or hardware store. Good luck James

DueWestGreg
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the assist. I feel like I need to take the switch panel cover off the main switch panel in the cabin to gain access to all of the switches, and hopefully the fuses. As mentioned wiring diagram puts the fuses for all those switches directly adjacent to the switches behind the cover panel. I was trying to run a small ceramic heater off of the 12V DC TV Plug under the microwave using an inverter. Wonder if I reset the outlet (If it is indeed blown) right next to the plug if it will also reset the 12V DC TV . Thanks again for your reply, I report back when I get it figured out.

Dogfaceboy
Guest Contributor
I am having a similar problem with the 12 volt plug on my 2000 340 Sundancer. This plug is located in the aft bunk area beside the the 120V plug. Others have said that this isn't standard but it looks the same as the plug below the microwave or panel in the galley. We have blown this fuse somewhere but as it stands cannot track this down either. I have looked in the main panel, in the engine room panel, under the dash fuse box with no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you,

DueWestGreg
Guest Contributor
The wiring diagram puts the fuses for all those switches directly behind the cabin power | switch cover panel. Next step is to remove the cover panel and hopefully I'll see some fuses there...right next to the switches. Stay tuned may try to check this out in the next couple days.

Everett_Sundanc
Guest Contributor
Hi Greg. 2007 SD 260 here. Same boat. I don't think there are fuses for this. The wiring diagrams I have show a direct connection from the 15A breaker (CAP5 pin 2 connector) to the 12V galley receptacle (Plug5 pin 2). I have found fuses for the DVD player (behind the entertainment panel) and the RF amplifier (behind the amplifier). The 12V receptacle itself can be removed. Maybe there is a fuse behind it. I'm thinking it is a bad breaker.

Dogfaceboy
Guest Contributor
I tried to pull the receptacle for the 12v in the rear bunk (next to coaxial plug) and see no fuse. I can trace the wire in the drawer, into the hanging closet where I have after market amplifiers up to the glove box at the helm. I loose it there. I don't see it terminating at a fuse on the glovebox fuse panel but. More into a bundle of wires. Maybe it is running over and into the main panel as mentioned? My 12v in the galley works but seem to have lost the 12v in the rear bunk as well as power to my shower sump pump. Perhaps next time I will disconnect shorepower and peek behind the main panel. Shower and 12v could be separate.

Open to any suggestions or recommendations!

Thanks everyone!

Roger

Everett_Sundanc
Guest Contributor
I found a link to the circuit breaker if that what it turns out to be. Either that or the 12V receptacle itself failed.

https://www.searay-parts.com/product-p/ad1-b0-34-xxx-xg1-c.htm

I just took out the old KEC TV and DVD player and installed a new flat panel TV and DVD player. A fun project, and I got to know the wiring design of the boat a little.

Good luck,
Gregg

Everett_Sundanc
Guest Contributor
Dogfaceboy,

On my SD 260 the shower sump bump is controlled by a 5A breaker below the small sink in the cockpit area. The 12V receptacle in the glove box is controlled by a 15A fuse below the steering wheel, and the 12V receptacle below the microwave is controlled by a 15A breaker in the main cabin breaker panel.

It's a diverse wiring design, so you might be seeing more than one thing going on. I would really study the wiring diagrams.

Gregg

DueWestGreg
Guest Contributor
Many thanks for the assist! I believe the problem is the switch that you attached but I'll pull the receptacle just to be sure that there is no fuse behind it. I appreciate your response greatly. Thanks again!