cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone recommend the name and...

Premium_Made
Guest Contributor

Can anyone recommend the name and phone number of appropriate contact at Sea Ray corporate or at Brunswick that I can speak with about our boat that is TRULY a lemon and needs to be bought back by Sea Ray?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Doug_Underwood
Guest Contributor
You should start the process with your dealer and he will take it to Customer Service at Sea Ray.

Bubba2
Guest Contributor
Having the same issues with our new 350 Coupe. Go to Sea Ray website and email contact support. They should contact you and help with resolving your issues. We are in that process for eight months now ☹️

Premium_Made
Guest Contributor
Thank you for your replies. Doug: Dealer is part of the problem so I have to go directly to Sea Ray. Bubba: Truly sorry to hear of your similar issue. Late Friday, I sent email to Sea Ray so we will see what happens. Haven't been able to use our boat since Spring of 2017 due to constantly going into guardian mode. I'm done with this lemon! I've been patient way too long.

Doug_Underwood
Guest Contributor
Where are you located and what boat is it?

lakeland
Guest Contributor
There is a federal lemon law. Email every department more than once and you will get faster results. been there.

Premium_Made
Guest Contributor
Hello qsvette...are you referring to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act? I only have the main email address. Do you have other addresses or names of specific peeps to contact? Thank You in advance

Sara_Fahy1
Guest Contributor
Hey Premium Made, You can pass along your contact information and your issues to my email - [email protected]. I will ensure that this will get to the correct people. Thank you.

Doug_Underwood
Guest Contributor
I have Bob Upchurch with Sea Ray Customer Service wanting to communicate with you. What is a number or email address he can use?

Capt__Marty
Guest Contributor
What size boat do you have that is giving you problems? I have a 2016 260 Sundancer and the service from MarineMax has been wonderful. Who is your dealer, that may be your problem.

Premium_Made
Guest Contributor
UPDATE: Good Day Everyone and thank you for your messages. For now, I'd prefer not to name the MarineMax dealer at this time as I'm not sure it would be appropriate and certainly not helpful as I know Sea Ray and perhaps MarineMax reps troll these boards. I will say this; MarineMax dealer had boat since late summer of 2017. In Nov 2017, said the boat was repaired. With all the issues I've had with this lemon (generator and engine), I asked them to sell the boat. This spring, when they finally had a buyer who made a written offer site unseen, they splashed the boat and guess what...it went into guardian mode again! Good bye buyer! Of course, they insinuated it was a new issue. So here we are over 18 months later from original guardian mode issue with same problem. Have not been able to use boat, sell boat nor can dealer fix boat. Often the dealer has been "too busy" and "short staffed" to get to our boat in a timely manner.
Thus far my contact with Sea Ray is underwhelming (I'm being kind!). They passed me off to their "bulldog" in customer service who offered lots of words of sympathy but zero action. I had one conversation with her and then received the customer service voice mail equivalent of a flowery "drop dead" message. (I saved the VM...it's classic!) So here I am with a 2013 Sea Ray 280 Sundancer bought new in 2014 with lots of Brunswick extended warranties with less than 60 hours on the engine that has yet to be repaired. I've lost money, time and any pleasure of use of the boat for 1 1/2 years that's under warranty .
What I haven't lost is my conviction for common sense to prevail. Sea Ray and MarineMax have an opportunity to (obligation?) to make this right. After 18 months, time to call the boat what it is... a lemon and compensate us accordingly. Buy it back so I can again feel good about Sea Ray and MarineMax. Right now, I'm astounded that this has gone on as long as it has with no appreciation of our dilemma (not words...actions!)

Some kind words...I do not doubt the sincerity of Mercury Marine. Their reps have been professional and sympathetic in all my contacts and they acknowledge this boat should not be having these issues with less than 60 hours of use. LOL...I'm now wondering how many of those hours were devoted to mechanic test drives!

I 'll call Sea Ray again on Monday to see if I can get the appropriate attention this deserves. Thank you fellow owners for reading and your offers of help! I still appreciate any other words of advice.