cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone replace the smart craft...

Bleto
Guest Contributor

Has anyone replace the smart craft gauges? I was told they were no longer available and mine are hard to read(the part below where you can adjust the light)

10 REPLIES 10

Chance_Encounte
Guest Contributor
I replaced mine two years ago. The Sea Ray branded style were not available but, Mercruiser brand are exactly the same and were en.

Roy_Bell
Guest Contributor
YES I have a 2006 340 and replaced the 2 tack and speed plus installed the digital screen monitor. They are by Mecruiser and they Great. Plus I can read the dials now. Purchased at Offshore Performance, Ft. Meyers, 239-489-0884.

Bleto
Guest Contributor
Thank You. So they fit in where the old gauges were? Did you have to replace anything else to use those digital gauges?

Chance_Encounte
Guest Contributor
They fit exactly. Just plug and play. They even pick up the engine hours

Roy_Bell
Guest Contributor
No they fit perfect. The old gauges just unplug from back and plug in new gauges. There is instructions to program new gauges. When you order specify background color either white or dark. The new gauges also are easier to read. Plus Tim from Offshore can help

Blessed
Guest Contributor
Before you change any gauges due to not being able to read them, make to check the lighting and contrast in the secrect menu. Mine can be accessed by:
Press the "MODE/SELECT" and "+" buttons simultaneously for approximately two seconds or until the "MENU" screen appears.

http://download.brunswick-marine.com/filereader/file/pdf/4/enen/smartcraft/2015/8m0104521r.pdf

JWR
Guest Contributor
Roy: any idea on cost and how hard was it to remove and replace the,? Thanks a lot>

Roy_Bell
Guest Contributor
I have all paper work in Florida and now I am in IL, but from my memory the 3 set of new smart craft gauges cost was only $975.00 Total. They are by Mercury. Purchased at the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show.
The removal was easy no tools required. Wire harness just unplug and plug in new. The gauges has a large plastic ring that from rear that unscrews. Gauge openings are the same.
The it is a matter of programming each gauge. There is a detail instruction.
Replacement of gauges estimated time 1-hour. Programming estimated time 30 minutes per gauge,
Happy I changed them. Logo has the Mercury vs. the SeaRay
Hope this helps.

Bleto
Guest Contributor
I replaced them and then my speedometer stoped working and so did the depth finder?

Roy_Bell
Guest Contributor
Check the programming on the speedometer and make sure it is programmed for either paddle wheel, also check programming to see when the GPS sends info to unit (usually around 5-8mph)
Not sure about depth, you may need to call tech support.