cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2003 Sundancer 300 and...

MrB18
Guest Contributor

I have a 2003 Sundancer 300 and one of the trim switches on the throttle has failed and will not trim the out drive.  I cheat and use the trailer tilt to raise both out drives at the same time and then the failed switch will bring the out drive down when I need to adjust.  My question is can the switch in the throttle handle be replaced?  Thank you for any help anyone can give.

Allen

2 REPLIES 2

mr300z87
Guest Contributor
It is probably the trim limit switch on the outdrive not the switch in the handle. This can be tested by bypassing trim limit switch with a jumper and trying the switch on the throttle handle. I know I found instructions how to do this on the internet. If it works you found the problem. I tried to undo the bypass on my previous boat but found an open wire in the trim pump harness. So I actually bypassed the trailer switch and used the throttle switch for both trim and trailer. Good luck.

280_CC
Guest Contributor
Agreed it most like is trim limit switch. I had the same issue and swapped the switch in throttle handle and nothing....then realized the hinge pin was actually turning not allowing the trim limit switch to operate.