cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2010 Sundancer 310.  It...

Sea-N-Sea
Guest Contributor

I have a 2010 Sundancer 310.  It has twin Merc 350's (300 hp each) and the Axius Joystick system.  I have received an alarm on my Vessel View that I don't know what it means.  The alarm is "Helm1 Starboard CCM: PadFault".  I have Googled it several times with very limited success?  Anybody know what its origin / meaning?  Thanks in advance.  

13 REPLIES 13

DJW
Guest Contributor
Vessel view customer service was very helpful when I called Them recently for a different problem.

Sea-N-Sea
Guest Contributor
Thanks! I'll try that.

jrsamples
Guest Contributor
I had a strange message on my 2010 31 sundancer, I found that the wires on the outdrive had been pinched and were shorted out, I lifted the outdrive and found it, the wires were for trim angle and did not effect the trim, I repaired the wires and the message went away. Billy

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I have a 2010 390 DA and had several issues. First, make sure that your joystick is the upgraded version. If it is the original unit, the probability that it will fail is high. Also, I had the same issue with faulty wires. We ended up replacing the entire wire harness on one engine to solve the problem. Mercury should be able to help you out with how to determine if you have the original joystick and what the number is for the upgraded version.

Sea-N-Sea
Guest Contributor
Thanks!

cbruck
Guest Contributor
You're welcome and I found the service bulletin for the joystick, it's bulletin No. 2010-70. The original joystick is 879172T62 and needs to be replaced with 879365A21. My original lasted about 7 years. When it started to fail, I had all kinds of Vessel View error codes but one time, the boat kicked into gear without me touching the joystick. They were supposed to be replaced under warranty. Also, a new one was not cheap but luckily I found a new one on ebay for a very reasonable price.

Sea-N-Sea
Guest Contributor
Thanks again!

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I was curious if you got it fixed? Also the answer helps anyone else that might be searching for help on this issue.

Sea-N-Sea
Guest Contributor
Yes, and maybe no. I had a power steering leak on my port engine, and the "PadFault" alarm proceeded a lot of other CCM: TVM alarms (as well as the loss of all steering - no fun). The leak is fixed, and that alarm has not recurred. My Mercruiser mechanic says that Mercruiser Technical Support says the PadFault alarm was all part of the loss of steering incident. However, I just received another alarm the last time I used the boat: "WheelPosPeerRel_diff". Can't remember if it was Port or Starboard, but I'm going to have my mechanics look at it and will follow their recommended actions. Will try to remember to post the corrective actions to this forum. Thanks for the follow-up. JSS

cbruck
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the update. Did you determine your joystick is the new one? It's been awhile but I believe I had most of those alarms before I installed the new joystick. Also, I have sterndrives and just changed the oil. The Low oil drive alarm came on. I could not clear it from the vessel view screen. But after resetting the entire boat several times, the alarm finally reset itself. Go figure. Also, I have read that there are some alarms that can only be reset via the diagnostic software.

Sea-N-Sea
Guest Contributor
Not yet. What do you mean by "...resetting the entire boat"? Thanks.

cbruck
Guest Contributor
I have 3 breakers, Port, STB and Gen. I make sure that they are all off, not just the motor keys.

Sea-N-Sea
Guest Contributor
Thanks. Your electrical configuration is slightly different than mine, but I gather that you power everything up, power everything down, turn everything off, and repeat.