cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2012 26' Sea Ray Sundancer....

Tommy_P_
Guest Contributor

I have a 2012 26' Sea Ray Sundancer. Water is leaking into the cabin some how.  The floor is

wet everytime it rains and the wood floor is destroyed.  Has anyone had this happen.  Any ideas

on what to do?

Tom

11 REPLIES 11

PeterDelRey
Guest Contributor
Previously, my boat was leaking like yours from ceiling window frame of the cabin.
I was cured when I cleaned the rubber around.

Geoff1
Guest Contributor
I have a 2004 260 and found that the wall and shower recess joint the sealant had failed allowing water to leak onto the lower carpeted floor. The window was leaking in the shower so when it rained and with the failed sealant the floor was wet each time. Hope this might help.

bobeast
Guest Contributor
Check the seal (or possible lack thereof) beneath the port and starboard lights

RickR
Guest Contributor
may be the seal around the bow hatch-put a cover around it when it rains, see if the problem continues

Seevee
Guest Contributor
There seems to be two main reasons for cabin leaks....
First, are the windows. Clean them and the stuff around them very well and hit them with a hose to check. If they leak, replace the seals, adjust the bolts or wing nuts for a good seal and keep them playable with beeswax.
Second is the shower/AC pump usually below the stairs. It can fail or the container box can crack. The floor (hull) below it should be bone dry.

Blair2
Guest Contributor
I have a 2009 Sundancer and had a similar issue I noticed the backrest in the cabin seats was wet too. After many hours trying to figure out, the leak was coming from the cabin window in the foredeck. Those windows you aren't supposed to walk on!!! I had get all the old sealant removed, dried, and reapplied. Really poor design.

Fred11
Guest Contributor
I have a 2001 260DA and had water coming in the front of the cabin. Turned out the anchor locker has a round plastic wire tray that is open on one side. The wires run throughout the boat and when it rained water would go into the self bailing anchor locker ( which is normal) but the wire tray tube opening was facing up and water would get in and travel into the cabin. Covering it or twisting it facing down will stop the problem. Good luck

Donker
Guest Contributor
Start with inspecting your windows, but also check the calking on the midline on the exterior of your boat. I recently had a leak in the bow on the port side and discovered this was the issue after testing by power washing the exterior.

Boatsman13
Guest Contributor
Tom,
Check the seals on the port windows. I had the same issue, i replaced all of them, never had a problem again.

Bill

Boatsman13
Guest Contributor
*porthole windows

Binky
Guest Contributor
I have replaced caulking on both port windows. Had the same issue. The Pros say the caulking should be replaced about 5-7 years, as hairline cracks can cause even dew and sprinkles to leach down into the interior. Use the best marine silicone you can buy.