cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2012 Sundancer 370 with...

Jared
Guest Contributor

I have a 2012 Sundancer 370 with 8.2L Mercruisers and Axius.  The VesselView is giving me a warning that reades, "Engine/Shift - Port, Critical - Low Voltage."  "Battery voltage is below normal limit.  Check Battery Switch.  This fault will result in reduction of engine performance."

The port engine won't start - It will read "start sequence aborted" if the start button is depressed.

However, if I arch the posts on the actual starter motor with a wrench, it clears the computer error and allows me to start without any hesitation.  It doesn't seem to lack power at all.

The batteries are brand new.  The switch on the panel located in the engine compartment is suspicious.  The starboard rocker switch turns on and off.  The port does not turn off.  Should I replace the switch and see if it is the issue or would this indicate a fault elsewhere that would not allow the unit to turn off?

This started intermittently last summer and then the boat worked fine when I de-winterized on May 5th.  This past weekend it failed to start at the dock and then out on the water. 

Thank you for any insight!

Jared

0 REPLIES 0