cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2015 Sundancer 350 with...

SNS
Guest Contributor

I have a 2015 Sundancer 350 with the extended teak swim platform. I am looking to buy a tender/dinghy to get to shore in Catalina and to do some exploring.l and maybe fishing on occasion. Looking to seat at least 4. The boat beam is 11’4” and the width of the platform is about 10’. I’m thinking of getting an Achilles 10’2” or 9’8” with an 8-10 HP motor and the weaver davit system to pull it up on the swim platform on its side while underway. Would like to hear feedback from other Searay owners as to what has worked for you as far as dinghy size, RIB fiberglass or aluminum vs inflatable hull power etc.  thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2

wing1011
Guest Contributor
I have a your same boat here in Chicago and went with the "Inflatable Sport Boats - White Marlin 9.8' - Model SB-300A - 2020 Model - Air Deck Floor Premium Heat Welded Dinghy with Seat Bag". I couldn't be happier with my purchase and it inflates & deflates in less than 10 minutes. It also can be equipped to rest in the davit system (I tie mine up when crossing Lake Michigan or causing several hundred miles north). I had a question while purchasing and the CEO of Inflatable Sport Boats called me directly.

I then paired with it the all-electric Torqeedo 1103C and it's been the best decision I could have ever made. It handles absurdly well, has an absolute ton of power, but also at full throttle has a battery life of over an hour. You'll be the envy of everyone at your marina as we get stopped by owners of 100ft+ who can't get over the electric motor.

https://www.torqeedo.com/us/en-us/products/outboards/travel/travel-1103-c/M-1151-00.html

Dino__DA
Guest Contributor
We just purchased a Inflatable Sport Boats Manta Ray 8.8' with the aluminum floor option that we put a Tohatsu 5hp OB on. I was extremely pleased with the ISB sales person and it was delivered on time (a welcomed surprise). The boat is very simple to assemble, fits into a large carry bag (that came with it), and seems to be well built. We will get some run time on it in a month or so. The one thing I can suggest, be careful when choosing what size tender you place on the back of your boat (off the swim platform). We had a bigger West Marine RIB 350 w/ a 20hp OB that presented a lot of issues with getting our 400FLY on plane with it on the back of our platform.