cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I own a 2009 Sundance 330. I have...

Ricardo1
Guest Contributor

I own a 2009 Sundance 330. I have been having problems with the engine hatch lift : the breaker goes off periodically.

Until now it was always while the hatch was up. Now it happened with the hatch down ... and the breaker is located inside the engine compartment.

Any suggestions about how to lift the engine hatch manually?

Any ideas about what can be the problem that pops out the breaker ?

RAN

8 REPLIES 8

Sous
Guest Contributor
There are access panels in the cocpit floor that allow you to disconnect the Rams. Then you can manually lift the hatch. Have an extra set of hands and a 2x4 ready. That beast is heavy!

Burnwood39
Guest Contributor
I read an article where one mechanic wired in an auxiliary electrical port where a car jump/start battery pack could be connected to raise the deck. mrb

CaptainK
Guest Contributor
I have the same problem occasionally on my 340 Sundancer. What idiot designed the electrical system so when the breaker trips it is inside the compartment. The hatch is a bitch to lift manually. Check the motors attached to the rams that lift the hatch, when they are worn out they draw more and flip the breaker.

Summer_Wings
Guest Contributor
I had the same breaker tripping problem until I found, and lubricated the grease zirk fitting at the base of the hatch lift motor. Also, there might be too much weight in the storage compartments on the hatch

Ricardo1
Guest Contributor
Thanks!
I will.
Ricardo

Reply-To: Reply to SROC <0-1308b1wqz096ff.ztcx08pcgoclszhk.u9bv2qaxsl90de3i@53pf540neqlpe359.reexl3e
3fnt06vhn.e-z21emas.na38.chatter.salesforce.com>

Ricardo1
Guest Contributor
Thanks for your suggestions!
I will look into them.
Ricardo

Reply-To: Reply to SROC <1vujq2trnz99tth3.mg1dum3uie1sq9in.aekkdq3s3yxjsvrj@hod0ml0d6g3std6t.c41rh8t
6cut918.e-z21emas.na38.chatter.salesforce.com>

Ricardo1
Guest Contributor
Thanks!
I will look into it.
Ricardo

Reply-To: Reply to SROC <0-175gcfwq4ibh8z.tii1u1v5q0mld1zv.vreof2pa2s7ipa7b@iueoj9qwhal74ubv.i0n78a8
ji1zfxaqb.e-z21emas.na38.chatter.salesforce.com>

Ricardo1
Guest Contributor
Found them (actually they were in the transom)!
Thanks.
Ricardo

Reply-To: Reply to SROC <0-grbkc5dx1hd0ar.u50kz1vyizg1b2je.xrxnjleekpyzgooz@u7v2u8kwl3h8kozi.ptw2ol9
yttthwk1.e-z21emas.na38.chatter.salesforce.com>