cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air conditioner stopped working,...

bwoeller
Guest Contributor

Air conditioner stopped working, showed a message that pressure was over 400...something like that.

Could this be a plugged water filter? Is it easy to check? location?

2006 320 Sundancer 

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

rowens001
Guest Contributor
Did you check your thru-hull & strainer? I had the same thing on my 340, but it was obvious...I cleaned the strainer the day before and forgot to re-open the seacock.

bwoeller
Guest Contributor
Thank you very much for replying!

I'm new to boating and this boat...where would I find the through hull and seacock?

Thank you!

rowens001
Guest Contributor
On mine it's behind the bulkhead, just in front of the port engine. I'd break out the owners manual. Considering you're new to boating, I highly recommend reading it cover to cover. I've been around boats my whole life and read mine as soon as I got the boat.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Highly recommend you becoming very familiar with your boat before you hurt yourself, your family or another boater. You should consider taking courses from the US POWER SQUADRON in your location.

Mikeeh
Guest Contributor
I'm not trying to be a jetk but knowing the location, operation and purpose for your seacocks is extremely important. Once you understand what they are you'll understand why I say that. I fully agree with the previous comments. You may also want to hire a Captain and/or a marine surveyor for a few hours to help show you how to best and safely care for and operate your new boat. Boating is much more pleasurable for you and all those on board when you become proficient at it.

Riptide
Guest Contributor
I have the same 2006 320. The seacock and strainer are on the port side of my generator. I check the strainer first to make sure everything is clear.

SeaMax
Guest Contributor
Its pretty simple to determine if you have a plugged strainer. Turn the A/C system on and see if you have water exiting the discharge ports on the side of your boat. If you have a good stream, you filter is fine. If you do not have stream, check the filter and make sure the pump is running. The pump will be located close to the filter. If the pump is not runnnig, you may have a bad relay and for that, unless you are experience in electrical components and how to test them, I would suggest you seek outside help. My system is CruiseaAir and the relay cost about $80 and can be found online. Pretty simple to test and replace if you're experienced in this area.

Ultimately I have probably ready my manual cover to cover however not at one sitting as I could not retain that much information. However that is usually the first place i go when i have a problem. Some information in the manual is very helpful and some not so much. If you have reasonable level of mechanical ability, you should be able to perfrom a lot of tasks on your own using the manual and online sources.

SMT
Guest Contributor
I live in FL. My ac strainer needs to to be cleaned about every month in hot weather. If you have a diver do the hull the best time is right after he does his work as the intake sucks up what he scrapes off.

bwoeller
Guest Contributor
Thanks everyone...great advice!

rowens001
Guest Contributor
SMT...totally agree with you about the divers...my divers kill the A/C power on the dock before cleaning the hull so this doesn't happen. Might be something to ask them to do.

Capt__Larry
Guest Contributor
Rowens001 - It may also be that your diver kills the A/C power to minimize the risk of "loose" or "stray" A/C current in the water from faulty shore wiring or other possible sources of current in the water around the marina. That's one of the reasons people are encouraged not to swim in marinas.

Captain_Rick1
Guest Contributor
Bwoeller. Did you find the AC problem?

rowens001
Guest Contributor
Yeah, Capt Larry, I thought the same thing. Last month I went down to the boat while the divers were under the boat. When I went aboard and all the power was out I thought "oh crap" and realized they killed the circuit breakers. When they came up I told them I figured they did it so they wouldn't be electrocuted. That's when they said they do it so all the junk doesn't get sucked into the A/C thru hull.