cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering purchase of a 280 or...

Trey11
Guest Contributor

Considering purchase of a 280 or 320 Sundance 2005 or newer and hear horror stories of how expensive it is to repair the switch panels. Is there anything special to look for or just try all switches and hope for the best? Do these panels fail often or are they fairly reliable?

4 REPLIES 4

Sugar
Guest Contributor
I have a 2009 270 which was renamed a 280 in 2010. I have never had any issues with electric problems.

Shampoo
Guest Contributor
I have a 2005 340 Sundancer. My switch panel went out this year. Fortunately, it was only the switch plate which can be purchased for $375. If it was the module that failed, it would have cost me 6K according to Searay.

Proppy
Guest Contributor
This may or may not help. I bought a 1998 290 and the dash lights did not work. Turns out the dimmer dial was bad, I had it basically hot wired to be full bright, (which still isn't that bright) and all works fine. $100 to a electrical knowledge friend.

BigTuna
Guest Contributor
I have a 2005 320, never had any electrical problems. The only problem I have is working on the engines. The engine compartment is too tight and hard to do any work on your motors unless you are short and skinny.