cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone had experience with...

steve151
Guest Contributor
Has anyone had experience with the Costacoat for the gel coat finish? Or is it still best to buff and polish?
5 REPLIES 5

HUMPH
Guest Contributor
I am not familiar with Costacoat but I find the best way for a high gloss finish is buffing with a mild comparing like Presta gel coat compound, followed by a good polish then finally, a UV protecting wax.

Mikeeh
Guest Contributor
Agree with HUMPH. The other "magic" products may give you a great shine initially but in my experience, when they begin to lose their shine they are a real pain to clean off.

steve151
Guest Contributor
Thanks for your time.

rowens001
Guest Contributor
I saw your post this past Sunday. After doing some research I decided to buy the 8oz "kit' for my 340 Sundancer. I figured "lets try it on a small area before I commit." After receiving it, I was a bit skeptical (things like don't apply in direct sunlight, apply when the temp is between 60-80 degrees, etc., which is impossible to do on a boat that's in a slip in FL...it was 100 degrees today!)

I called the company today. I think I was talking with the owner. It seems like he really knows what he's talking about. I'm going to try it on a small section, while continuing to compound and buff the rest of the boat.

I'll let you know how things go.

rowens001
Guest Contributor
fyi...after thinking about being tied to a clear coat enhancing product, I decided to stay with the old fashioned buff & wax approach.

With that said, tonight I used Costacoat on the headlights of my car. They were very oxidized. They look brand new now! Very impressed!