cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2009 350 sundancer with...

lance
Guest Contributor

I have 2009 350 sundancer with twin 496 seacore motors 260 hrs. The RPM on the starboard motor is about 1000 Rpm less then the port side. Just changed the plugs and wires, engine run smooth at idle but starboard motor won't reach max Rpm. Changed fuel filter wasn't bad but had black paint from fuel coolers. Now wondering if injectors are clogged from paint? Has anyone had this problem?

4 REPLIES 4

Korkie
Guest Contributor
Absolutely. If you are seeing black paint in filter, very good chance your injectors are trashed up. Had same issue in my 06 496s. Requires the injectors to be cleaned. Best way is to remove and have professionally done. I sent mine out to Southbay Fuel Injector Cleaning. They cleaned them and returned the spray discharge to the factory specs. A little pricey. They had a quick turnaround. Re installed and problem resolved.

lance
Guest Contributor
Just spoke the mercruiser mechanic he said the same thing needs to replace fuel coolers clean fuel rail and injectors. Luckily its covered in under my warranty.Mercruiser knows about the fuel cooler problem. Thanks for the comment.

wai_phung
Guest Contributor
I had the same issue last year with my same year SR as yours. I talked to SR customer support and they are aware of the issue. It's bulletin 2016-01. They will have you call your sr dealer to warrant the service, which they will cover parts for both engines ($8k parts) and 3.4hrs/engine. The remaining portion is what your SR dealer will charge you. I ended up paying about $550 to get that repaired, but it always cost me 11weeks out of the water

Korkie
Guest Contributor
WOW - 11 weeks. Did they offer a loaner. lol