cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 1999 Sundancer 400 and...

Bryan_B
Guest Contributor

I have a 1999 Sundancer 400 and my "cherry wood" finish is becoming cloudy in spots.  Any ideas on what is causing this, can it be "reversed", or how to prevent it from continuing.  Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Smokey
Guest Contributor
It is delamanating, we're having the same problem in small spots. There are companies that will shoot glue injections into the bad spots that we set the cherrywood and smooth out the cloudiness--I have researched it recently.

UFGator
Guest Contributor
Can you name some of these companies?

rowens001
Guest Contributor
I'd definitely like to hear about what companies do this.

Smokey
Guest Contributor
I'm having trouble finding the companies now, but this is their procedure -- see link: https://dengarden.com/home-improvement/Laminated-Wood-Veneer-Home-Repairs-for-Bubbled-or-Loose-Veneer-video

UFGator
Guest Contributor
Thanks Smokey, but I don't think the problem is de-lamination. The problem is the actual laminate has become "cloudy". I have seen this problem on several boats before. I don't think the above would fix the problem.

Smokey
Guest Contributor
Hey UFGator, unfortunately this is a common problem for the boat years 1998-2004, and the cloudiness is definitely delaminating. Our friends 2001 46 SeaRay had the exact same problem, and he had to remove the laminate and reapply it. He's very crafty, so it turned out well. We have some small areas especially on curves that are cloudy as well, as well as very small areas of bubbling, and we've had it looked at, and it is definitely delaminating. Eventually we will have to deal with it, as I imagine it is going to get worse over time. I try to keep the inside as dry as possible, that is the main cause of the problem. We either always have the air on, or if necessary the dehumidyfing cycle.

gwiz
Guest Contributor
I have a 410 , 2001 and I have some delaminates now and 3m makes a spay glue that works well. I also use furniture polish for the veneer, works great