cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2003 Sundancer 300 and...

MrB18
Guest Contributor

I have a 2003 Sundancer 300 and have damaged the stern seat back and need to get it repaired.  Does anyone know if the rear back rest part of the bench seat can easily be removed?  Thinking of sending to a shop to have repaired over the WInter (I know it's only August).

Thank you

Allen

3 REPLIES 3

B___M
Guest Contributor
We have a 2006 Sundancer 260...maybe seating is similar. I was at a loss as to how to get one of the seats off. IA canvas guy showed me that the bottom part lifts off...but hard ..because a very heavy duty velcro holds it down. Once the bottom part of the seat is up then the top part has screws toward the bottom to remove that part. you kind of need to push up the bottom ,aterial a little to see the screws. When I got my seat off it was filthy under them. Probably never have been taken apart before. When he was pulling the bottom of the srat up it sounded like something was tearing. I would have never kept going if I had heard that noise, but he obviously has done this before. Let me know if it works for you.

MrB18
Guest Contributor
Thank You, My last boat was a 1999 Sundancer 260 and don't remember the velcro or screws but will take a closer look and see if my 300 is installed the same way,
Allen

wildog
Guest Contributor
The back rest is Screwed in from the inside out. Probably have to get it from underneath the engine compartment