cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2007 340 Sundancer and...

Attackbeagle
Guest Contributor

I have a 2007 340 Sundancer and the lift hatch does not operate. The port dash panel has power and the switch is still plugged in. Also, I checked the transom door is open (I tried closed too). It seems like Searay put the fuse box for the hatch lift actually in the engine compartment - hum. The hatch  is very heavy and before we pull the pins and lift is up, I thought I would see if anyone has ideas or thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

cbruck
Guest Contributor
One thing to check is make sure that your door switch is working. Mine failed and hence the hatch wouldn't open. It should be normally open and then closed when the door is closed so find the wires to the switch and short them together.

Attackbeagle
Guest Contributor
I will check it once I get enough strong people to lift the hatch after we pull the pins. It seems like they should make that switch removeable from the outside of the boat in case it fails. Also, the reset fuse is actually in the engine room! That is an interesting engineering location!!! It has to be the hatch door switch, the hatch relay, or the fuse is tripped!!! I will see what I can figure out!!!

johnevans
Guest Contributor
That happened on my 2006 320. There is a magnetic sensor on the transom door and the piece on the door frame fell out. Check to see if both sides of the sensor switch are in place.