cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a 2007 Sun Deck 240.  While...

WTW
Guest Contributor

I have a 2007 Sun Deck 240.  While driving the boat at cruise speed it died as if someone pulled the kill switch.  After some investigating and trial and error, we determined that we had a bad fuse.  We replaced the fuse and the boat was operational and then the same issue occurred and again blew a fuse.  After more trial and error we determined that if we disconnected the radio and replaced the fuse then the boat was operational, we just have to keep the radio disconnected. 

We are scheduled to have a mechanic do a diagnosis in about a week but was curious if anyone has thoughts on what the problem and resolution could be to this issue?

Thanks

Bill

2007 SunDeck 240

2 REPLIES 2

Korkie
Guest Contributor
Sounds like somewhere along the line of the power feed to the radio you have a short. Possibly from a wire that as rubbed against something and worn the insulation off. Or it could be the radio itself shorted or pulling too much power for the current fuse to to handle. Be sure you have the proper size fuse. If I were to trouble shoot, unplug the power feed from the radio and see if re occurs. If not points to radio. If does, check to see if short in power lead by using continuity tester. Place one of the test wires on the positive feed to the plug and the other to a good ground. If the needle moves you have a short in the wires that feed the radio. Trick is - finding it.
Good luck.

WTW
Guest Contributor
Thanks!