cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an L590 (2017) that is throwing...

The_Brit
Guest Contributor

I have an L590 (2017) that is throwing random engine error messages....sometimes 1 or 2... sometimes 14 or 15... sometimes none.

Does anyone know where I can get an OBD reader for the cummins engines?  

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
The system requires a dedicated proprietary computer that only authorized dealers have. Usually, spurious alarms like that are a sensor problem. I had an alternator failure that threw all kinds of errors due to low voltage. Where are you located??

lance
Guest Contributor
Check the batteries also 1 bad cell can trip the alarms.

The_Brit
Guest Contributor
Thank you, Lance

I have had issues with the Port battery bank - which were changed.... interestingly, the error messages appear to be 'more' related to the Starboard and Center engines....

That is certainly something I will check today.

Thank you !

The_Brit
Guest Contributor
'Problem' fixed....

I checked the batteries (thank you Lance) they are fine.

Jet Rooster (Doug) recommended I call Adam Greiner.... What an absolute gentleman!

Adam is based in Stuart FL - I am the opposite side of FL (Cape Coral) - I left a VM asking if he would call me about the problem... he called back and talked to me for about 30 minutes... The following day he called again to offer another suggestion... I followed his guidance and the problem is fixed...

People like Adam are few and far between...

The problem: The last guy to 'fix' my boat put his foot on a piggyback cable that joins the Stb engine to the Center engine.....

Once reconnected to the center engine all error messages went away and I got solid green on all the displays for all functions...

Thank you everyone for you help!

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
Outstanding!! Adam is the man.