cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to install a closed cell...

Knotacare
Guest Contributor

I want to install a closed cell foam product on my ‘06 DA 440. As you all know there are lots of choices so I would like to get some feedback from those members who have used various products like SeaDek, Aqua Marine, etc. Thanks for your help.

10 REPLIES 10

Fat_Cat
Guest Contributor
Same here.

Aviator67
Guest Contributor
I've had SeaDek on my last three boats. We really like the feel of it on our feet. During the summer with direct sunlight shining on it, it will get warm, but not hot. Durability is great and we put chairs with foot pads on it without any marring. Our marina service dept. installed the decking through a SeaDek distributor/installer. They came to the boat, took measurements, then digitized it. and returned for a final install. The SeaDek is attached with a 3M type of adhesive pad. Overall price was $2700 for a SeaRay 470 upper and lower platform. Comes in many colors and looks sharp. I keep the spider crap at bay by using a spot cleaner and wash the SeaDek about month with regular boat soap. Hope this helps.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Seadek is great then now offer it in snap in instead of gluing

M___K
Guest Contributor
We have had a product like sea Dek on 2 boats now. It’s great for traction for you and dogs. It does get dirtier than I expected however using the SeaDek brand spray cleaner makes it look new. I’m told life expectancy is about 5 years.

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the feedback folks. Now I have to choose a color. My boat has a pewter hull. Any suggestions?

PETERW
Guest Contributor
I used grey with black striping. Looks great on my 340 blue hull.

Double_trouble1
Guest Contributor
I had seadek installed on my previous boat 290 Amberjack, and I recently had aqua traction installed on my 370.

I would recommend the aqua traction, easier to clean better installation and will last longer. Sea deck is softer and breaks down over time. These are the best 2 in the market though I would not go with any other product.

MisterMatt
Guest Contributor
We went with Aqua Marine and will have had it for almost 1 full season on our 1995 370 Sundancer. Brown on black stripping is a classic look. I saw grey on black and it looked sharp, but also showed a lot of dirt, more-so than the brown. It’s rather easy to install, and just as easy to make mistakes. Adhesive is so strong, you really have just one shot at it. It helps to have a second set of hands. Definitely a two man job.

Genny
Guest Contributor
How hot does it get under direct sun ?Isn't it too hot on your feet ?

MisterMatt
Guest Contributor
We have not had an issue with the foam decking getting too hot. We also went with the thicker foam, I believe it’s the 8mm thickness. It’s comfortable cushioning on bare feet. Granted, I’m in Michigan and the boating season isn’t as long as it is in the Southern regions; July/ August the hottest months didn’t adversely affect the temperature of the flooring