cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The sun pad on the bow of our 2006...

Knotacare
Guest Contributor

The sun pad on the bow of our 2006 440 DA needs some TLC. Would appreciate hearing from none who has tackled such a job... removing mold, washing (and getting the foam back in!), etc.  As well, looking to replace the backrest/frame assembly that was a no show when we bought the boat last year. Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

RAV
Guest Contributor
Just had our Sunpad restitched by a local canvas shop. They pulled pads out and had to separate the sections but put everything back together nicely. Good for another 5+ years.

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the reply RAV. Can you tell me if you leave the sun pad in place on the deck rain or shine? How severe is your summer? We are in Canada. Do you have the back rest? Thanks again.

RAV
Guest Contributor
We are in Kingston, Ontario. I leave the pad on the deck all season, removing about once a month to clean under it and to wash down and let dry over railings. I remove and store below at end of season when the boat goes into heated storage.

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Thanks again RAV. We live in the same climate zone! Do you have the backrest frame?

RAV
Guest Contributor
No, we don't. 05 420DA. Guess that was an upgrade with they went to the 44DA on 06.

RAV
Guest Contributor
Best upgrade we did was to add 4X100W flexible solar panels to the hardtop. Charges at 25 amp/hr when sun is shining. We anchor a lot and this keeps batteries fully charged. Highly recommend.

rando
Guest Contributor
I have a 2002 340 and tried everything to restore vinyl with limited success. West Marine has numerous products. DO NOT USE ANY CHLORINE BLEACH OR ACID PRODUCTS. Finally gave up and had it professionally painted with a vinyl paint-SEM , semproducts.com. Looks like new! Wasn't very expensive either.
I remove the bow sun pad anytime not using the boat for extended period of time and keep it protected with a vinyl polish and protectant. Sun is the worst enemy. Hope this helps.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
There’s only one product that will work marine strip restoration