cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have. New to us 2006 44 Sundancer. I’m...

Knotacare
Guest Contributor

We have. New to us 2006 44 Sundancer. I’m changing all my interior lightbulbs to LED. Would appreciate anybody sharing their experience or source of bulbs. Thanks. 

19 REPLIES 19

cinphil
Guest Contributor
I bought the exact LED replacement from 1000 Bulbs in Garland, Texas. Part number PLT 11272. No issues and a perfect fit. Good luck!

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Thanks!

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Another lightbulb question... on 1000 Bulbs, many of the LED replacement bulbs state that they shouldn’t be used in enclosed fixtures!? I want to replace ceiling bulbs that are totally enclosed!

LanaDanny
Guest Contributor
I find them on Amazon

Dkarolak
Guest Contributor
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WRS71VZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Dkarolak
Guest Contributor
There is a Facebook Sea Ray 420/44 page where a lot of these questions are answered.

Stan_the_man
Guest Contributor
I have replaced all my lights on my 42 DA with led’s. Go to superbrightleds.com.

Charles_III
Guest Contributor
I have a 2006 Sundancer 40 and recently changed all interior lights to LED. Good Luck1

https://www.superbrightleds.com/

Cabin: Super Bright BA, Warm, 1W, 12VAC/10-30 VDC
G4-WW2-COBW, 2700K (warm), 1.3 Watt
Bar Code: 1 93434 13031

Closets: Super Bright BA, Natural White, 2W, 12VAC/10-30 VDC
1156-NW2W-CTAC, 4000K (natural), 2 Watts
Bar Code: 1 93434 13297

pjwezner
Guest Contributor
I just purchased a 2007 Sedan Bridge, which I believe has the same light fixture type as the '06 Sundancer, and replaced all the lights to LED as well.

I bought these bulbs on Amazon after a lot of experimentation with what fit inside the fixture: (the 1.5's fit, the others did not)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XR1NX87/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also if you haven't already checked it out, the process of removing the fixture can be a little painful - they are held in by spring loaded arms - to get the fixture out, you pull down until it gets below the ceiling, and then they snap down - which if your fingers are there, will smart. FYI, as I learned this one the hard way.

WmLD
Guest Contributor
superbrightled.com is the way to go! They have detailed drawings which allow you to assure clearances. Understand that some bases can become quite warm. Make sure the heat will dissipate without damage to fixture or worse. Finally, while an excellent product, some navigation lights have very specific USCG requirements for which superbrightled may not be tested.

Pigpen
Guest Contributor
Call Joe at cabin bright (513) 404-8888 if he doesn’t have it in stock, he can make one to fit. I changed all my bulbs on my 390 MY

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the helpful comments. Re LEDs, I don’t want a harsh cold light. Prefer a warmer light. Anybody know what K rating I should be looking for? I’m thinking 2700K but would like to hear others’ experiences. Thanks all, this is such a helpful forum!

Pigpen
Guest Contributor
Call the number I gave you, Joe can explain and get you the temp you need, the results I got from him were great.

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Pigpen, thanks a lot. I will call Joe at Cabinbright.

Charles_III
Guest Contributor
I have a 2006 Sundancer 40 and changed all recently interior lights to LED. Good Luck!

Superbrightleds.com

LED Lights, Cabin: Super Bright BA, Warm, 1W, 12VAC/10-30 VDC
G4-WW2-COBW, 2700K (warm), 1.3 Watt
Bar Code: 1 93434 13031

LED Lights, Closet: Super Bright BA, Natural White, 2W, 12VAC/10-30 VDC
1156-NW2W-CTAC, 4000K (natural), 2 Watts
Bar Code: 1 93434 13297

B_Smith
Guest Contributor
I went with these:
Lumitec
Mirage Flush Mount LED Downlight
Dimming/Polished Housing/Warm White
Sku# 113119

They retail for $99.00 each, but I found them on ebay for $40 to $60.

When you turn them on, they start out dim and gradually get brighter. This allows you to turn the toggle switch off and back on to maintain a dimmer setting if you like. Great lights.

B_Smith
Guest Contributor
Here is another picture.

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor
I too have heard that Superbrightleds.com is the way to go --- by any chance has anyone changed out all or at least most of their lights and have kept a list (for a 2006/2007) Sundancer 44? I can imagine that it takes quite a bit of time trying to figure out which LED is the replacement for the existing bulbs. Thank you -- would prefer not to reinvent the wheel.

Rkb
Guest Contributor
Home depot had them