cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We just purchased a 2000 Sea Ray...

Trulli
Guest Contributor

We just purchased a 2000 Sea Ray Sundancer 290 and is in great condition but the carpet is nasty and dated. As are the slip covers.  Anyone switch out carpet for wood or new carpet? Is it costly or can it be a DIY project?  There are not many websites and resources out there for the cosmetic restoration.  Also any on line sites to purchase new slip covers for the V berth?  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Just made the jump from a 17' lake boat - going ocean. TIA!

5 REPLIES 5

Carl
Guest Contributor
http://www.marinecarpeting.com/boat-carpet/boat-carpet/berber-replacement-carpet.html

Nuwave is the backing they use and it supposedly doesn';t disintegrate like the Sea Ray carpet.

Shrek48
Guest Contributor
Just got a quote for my 1998 400DA. Salon carpet - 265 SqFt, install $4,500 plus carpet, San Diego, CA. Check with local broker for names of installer. Getting Carpet from Lowee's. Cockpit is easy SnapInCarpets.com - Reasonable - $735.

Trulli
Guest Contributor
Thank you both. Will check these out. Having her delivered Thursday (weather permitting). It's snowing here today. Unreal. Of course it is..... I bought a boat. 😉

wally1
Guest Contributor
I have new carpet for a 2001 29.0 Searay Amberjack if it could fit your boat I will sell it to you. Wally

Vic
Guest Contributor
You may want to take a look at snapincarpet.com. I'm about ready to purchase carpet from them for my 2004 280 sundancer.