cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Group,  I have been the owner...

Ado
Guest Contributor

Hello Group, 

I have been the owner of a vintage 1969 Sea Ray SRV 160 since 1998.  Finding original parts for this boat has been a challenge.  The original 1969 85 hp Johnson was finally replaced with a 1978 85 hp Evinrude.  Better fuel economy was immediate.  I joined this group in hope of meeting a few other owners of vintage Sea Rays.  There are very few 1969 models on the lakes anymore.  Hopefully a few in this group will also have one of these older classics.  

2 REPLIES 2

Bear1
Guest Contributor
I guess the trade off of owning a vintage but quality craft at an affordable price is the diminishing number of similar boats on the water. Mine's a 1989 160 BROB with its origin 100 hp Mercury (Sea Ray) outboard still ticking along. The day will come when I will face the same decision of replacing the engine. For now, the challenges are keeping everything in running order or upgrading essential equipment/parts to ensure the craft is safe for everyone. Good luck in your efforts. There is still a lot of pleasure left in these older Sea Rays.

Chucks_17
Guest Contributor
Hi Guys ! Bear, I also have 1989 Sea Ray (Laguna 17) that had original Mercury/Mariner 100HP w/Sea Ray logo. Replaced it with a 1998 Mercury 150HP EFI XL Offshore Series motor. Just finished a complete rebuild of my boat and motor that took 5 years to complete in my free time. It came down to rebuild or buy a new one. After 1 trip to my local Sea Ray dealer and saw the todays prices the decision to rebuild was made then. I absolutely love my 1989 Sea Ray Laguna 17 as the original owner from day 1. It is a very solid vessel that can handle offshore action which is where I spend most time while in the water. 40 miles out is my furthest adventure to date.