cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just purchased a 2001 380 sundancer...

William0621
Guest Contributor

Just purchased a 2001 380 sundancer with 8.1's and v-drive. Leaving tampa area and bringing her home to Louisiana. Has anyone made this trip before?

2 REPLIES 2

WickedRx
Guest Contributor
Congratulations on the purchase @William0621. I have not personally made this trip, but some dock friends of mine just did this from Jacksonville, FL to our marina on Tellico Lake, outside Knoxville on their Meridian 398. They brought a captain who is a friend of all of ours from the area, as he has made that trip many times. I recommend posting this on the Stream, as it would likely reach a broader audience who might be able to help. I recall my friends and the captain saying it was about 26 hours in open water from Tampa across to the Panama City area, and they stayed about 75 miles off shore and took shifts around the clock at the helm. Also, prior to hitting the open water, they calculated fuel burn 3 times and had a little less than a quarter tank when they made PCB. I also recall them waiting on weather to be right before leaving TB, there were times they said it was reported as 5+ ft. seas and that would have been a brutal ride, so they waited for more calm water. Those are the parts I recall from their description of that part of their journey. This was just recently, so it is fresh in my mind. Please do a lot of calculating and weather planning, as well as considering how to manage open seas for your trip. Again, consider posting on the Stream for broader audience, and best of luck on your trip and with your new to you boat!

Nunya
Guest Contributor
we made the crossing from clearwater to panama city ...easy run