cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have any experience...

eSelectAuto_com
Guest Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with the Vantage Diamond ceramic coating done to there boats, and is it worth it?

10 REPLIES 10

MPLSSteve
Guest Contributor
We got it with ours, just because we wanted the ceramic coating, and this way we got a five year warranty. We don't have the boat in the water yet, so I can't comment, but the dealer claimed you can tell which have it and which don't when they are side by side in the showroom. I don't know... maybe. But, it wasn't expensive considering it covered five years, interior and exterior. For our 290 SDX, I think it was about $2k. It would cost that much to have ceramic done, and then refreshed in year 3. So, the interior stuff was a nice added bonus. And, theoretically, if it gets any stains or spots we can't remove, they will take care of it for us.

eSelectAuto_com
Guest Contributor
Thanks. Good luck and enjoy. Thats a Nice Boat.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
Vantage makes cleaning much easier, and lasts longer. Vantage on the interior does NOT prevent spider poop from staining. But then, what does.?

eSelectAuto_com
Guest Contributor
Thank you for the reply. How long have you had Your boat with the Vantage on it ?

MPLSSteve
Guest Contributor
I am finding it doesn't work all that well for protecting the vinyl. I have small brown spots from leaves that won't come off, and I'm seeing other spots that must be from bugs, too. When it bugs me (intentional pun) enough, I will have the pros try to clean it, or replace it.

eSelectAuto_com
Guest Contributor
LOL How do you feel the ceramic coating works on the Hull ?

MPLSSteve
Guest Contributor
Honestly hard to say. I’ve only had it in the water for a month. It looks great when it’s clean, but still gets water spots. I don’t think there’s a way around that. It’ll still take regular cleaning and polishing.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
Starting 3rd season with Vantage

MPLSSteve
Guest Contributor
So, what has your experience been? Worth it? What do you notice about it?

fortylove4
Guest Contributor
We bought our 2019 Sea Ray SDX 290 in September 2019. We purchased Vantage Ceramic for gel coat and upholstery sealer for $1795. It sounded like a good deal because we wouldn’t have to wax our boat for 5 years and the upholstery was covered against fading, rips and tears for 5 years. We live in Florida and the boat sits in the hot sun the year round. The gel coat treatment only lasted 6 months without oxidation. I am now using 3D One and Next Gen Ceramic coating, from Amazon, which makes the gel coat very clean and slick. Both cost less than $50. Although I did apply these products myself. The arch has upholstery which developed a couple of tears. Vantage is sending someone out to repair these places. The question is if we had it to do over would we spend the money for the treatment? The answer is no. Our boat still looks showroom new as a result of what I did to it, and is easy to keep it that way.