cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, I have a 2005 Select 200...

Lamar
Guest Contributor

Hello, I have a 2005 Select 200 and it was sitting out in a field waiting to be re-upholstered 6 months thru the winter with the sun deck off but a tarp over the motor.. well I picked it up took it to another upholstery guy who did it in 1 week and last week end I was getting it ready for the water and I have water in the oil and it blew out the PCV valve and is in the oil pan.. also last 4 times out she had low power (so I tuned it up while broken down- did not winterize it here in the deep south- my fault). 

What is the best way to determine if water got in while uncovered and or condensation or hopefully worst case head gasket?

But I understand could have frozen..

Let me know your experiences.. thanks

5 REPLIES 5

SueLynn
Guest Contributor
Seems like you have a couple of issues. (1) drain the oil and replace including filter. (2) the pvc filter is mounted on the valve cover. How did it get into the oil pan of the engine? (3) Did the tuneup fix the low power problem?

Lamar
Guest Contributor
Thanks I am changing the oil today and will run it to see if water gets in again,,I do not know how it got in the drain pan- I assumed running it if water got by not being covered it would get all thru the engine block, heads etc.. so I thought if I drain and change the oil and run it again and it is still getting water in the engine- then I have a bad head gasket, cracked head or cracked block..as least that is what I read..

sthughes
Guest Contributor
Water in the oil is usually due to a cracked block caused by freezing as you have already researched, hope it might be something else, I really hate that

KyleGT
Guest Contributor
Sue Lynn, I think they meant water was blowing out of the pcv valve and there was water in the oil pan. Not that the pcv valve fell into the oil pan.

Lamar
Guest Contributor
I was told by the mechanic that the motor block cracked as well as both in takes. Where is the best place to replace it?