cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey all !  I have a 2019 250SLX....

danm
Guest Contributor

Hey all !  I have a 2019 250SLX.  Question... is it ok to leave charger plugged in or will it harm batteries ?  Thanks in advance !!!

5 REPLIES 5

Jordan_G_
Guest Contributor
It depends on the charger. Older chargers will just keep a charge on a battery and can essentially “cook” them. Newer smart chargers have built in electronics that prevent overcharging. There is a lot of information out there on chargers.

TRC
Guest Contributor
I run an Optima battery (2011 200 Sundeck) and use the Optima small battery charger/tender. The unit hangs on the side of my boat shed and works perfect. It shows the charge rate and battery status, it even charged a four wheeler battery that my older charger wouldn't charge.

Paulswagelock
Guest Contributor
SR uses the new Promariner ProSport chargers. They are 5 step smart chargers, it will be fine to leave it plugged in.

Gig_Harbor_Dan
Guest Contributor
I have a 2006 270 SLX and plug into shore power after ever use. The built in battery charger maintains the charge and never cooks them. If you have the onboard charger controlled by your breaker panel then you’re in good shape.

cash
Guest Contributor
I have 2005 200 Sundeck with promarnier charger, optimum batteries lasted 14 years, Always had it plugged in.