cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I have a 2007 260 Sundeck....

SeaBee
Guest Contributor

Hi, I have a 2007 260 Sundeck. Bought it new in 2008. After 10 years and about 300 hours, I have noticed a definite "wobble" in the steering wheel. Up, down and sideways wobble. Feels as though there is possibly an adjustment nut or bolt that needs attention (or possible cable tightening?).  It has the steering wheel lower / raise mechanism with flexible boot enclosure. I would hate to be holding a detached wheel without steering someday while out boating. Any ideas? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Captain_Zero
Guest Contributor
Time for a new tilt head. They are very similar to those used in gm vehicles in early 90s. For the cars they made a bushing kit which requires special tools to remove and replace. On my previous Sea Ray I could not find a bushing kit. I went to local dry storage lot that has a couple of dead Sea rays and purchased part from lot owner

SeaBee
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the comments. I was hoping that this was something that I could remedy myself. If there are no adjustments that can be made, guess my next step would have to be the SeaRay dealer. UGH...$$$