cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought a 2015 Sea Ray 230...

Sharpline
Guest Contributor

I just bought a 2015 Sea Ray 230 SLX and it comes with the bimini top but I'm interested in getting sport tower. The dealer is advising me that I don't need it since I'm not planning on wake boarding so I don't need it to store wake boards but I just like the design and the shorter roof. My questions: 

1) Is it easy to remove or fold down so I could get the boat in the garage let's say?

2) Where do I find it? I have looked all over Google and the Sea Ray site for accessories and can't find it or know what it costs.

Does anyone have some answers to my questions?

Thanks.

- Julian

6 REPLIES 6

Mikeeh
Guest Contributor
There are fold away sport towers on the market but they aren't cheap. I agree with your dealer...if you don't need one for the function why go to the expense, extra weight, more attachment points in the fiberglass to maintain, etc, etc. But that's just me and it's not my boat.

Mikeeh
Guest Contributor
BTW, Google boat wake tower and you'll find several sites offering them. H2O Sports would be a good place to look.

TimboSlice
Guest Contributor
Take a look at Xtreme Towers - Sea Ray uses some of their towers. It won't be cheap, but, it's a boat, so - it won't be cheap. Be sure you investigate how many towers whomever you are dealing with has installed. There is a lot involved in getting the right tower to fit correctly on your vessel.

Kenn_and_Dee
Guest Contributor
Xtreme towers make really good looking cast towers but wont sell to the general public. You have to go through a dealer costing extra $

NJC
Guest Contributor
I have recently installed a Big Air Tower on my 21SPX. Great quality and price.

Paint_Peddler
Guest Contributor
I also put on a Big Air wake tower. It looks great and the quality is excellent for the price. I purchased mine while they were having a 25% off sale