cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm pursuing a new 240 SDX to add...

Good_Vibes
Guest Contributor

I'm pursuing a new 240 SDX to add to my charter fleet.  It will be my 2nd boat.  My main boat is a 290 SDX, its successful at its price point and I love it.  I'm trying to lower my price point for a different demographic, and hire a captain to run pleasure charters - so a Captain, and up to 6 guests on the 240.  Does anyone have a 240 with an outboard?  If so - what are your pros and cons, and, what size engine do you recommend?

3 REPLIES 3

Todd_Schrader
Guest Contributor
I have a 240 outboard sundeck, dual console. Plenty of room for 6. I have a Merc 250 Verado outboard - power to spare, good on gas, hops up on plane quickly. You can take more than 6 guests easily, but I am assuming six is your limit for the 6 pack licensed captain. Great boat. Good luck.

Good_Vibes
Guest Contributor
Thanks Todd. I’m Sea trialing one on Thursday. It’s got the 250 on it. Looking forward to seeing how it performs. Take care - I’ll let you know what I thought.

Good_Vibes
Guest Contributor
Well - I was really impressed with it. What a nice boat! I can’t beleive the layout - this is totally Sea Ray. I bought it and I think it’s going to be very popular with our charters. I wrote a couple of upgrades into the deal. We’re scrapping the 4 speaker setup and going with JL Audio for an amplified 6 speaker and a 10” sub configuration. Gotta have music! I also added 4500 lumen underwater lights that turn white or blue. That should be nice at night. Very excited to take delivery in a week or so!