cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We just purchased a 2010 Sundeck...

ToddandSueWrigh
Guest Contributor

We just purchased a 2010 Sundeck 260.  The locking mechanism on the door for the room in front of the cockpit is broken and the door will not lock and stay closed.  Can someone help me with the fastest/best way to order and receive a new part so I can fix the issue?  I am not sure if it is possible to order a new locking mechanism or if I will need to order a new door (?).  I appreciate any help!  - Todd

4 REPLIES 4

KyleGT
Guest Contributor
Is it a slam latch? Those are readily available to purchase online, or I'm sure any local boat dealer would have something like it in stock.
Attached is a pic of what I'm talking about.

ToddandSueWrigh
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the follow up Kyle. It is not a slam latch. It is a slide mechanism. When the door is closed you slide the latch and it locks the door in place. You can close the door to the little room or it swings open to close off the bow and you can lock it in either position.

KyleGT
Guest Contributor
Ah, ok. Sorry I couldn't be more help

SPrice809
Guest Contributor
We had a problem with ours on our 2004 Sundeck 240; it would latch just fine on the side with the radio and cooler, but not at the front toward the seating. I finally had our SeaRay dealer adjust the latch at the front so that it now works great. I'm sure your dealer could get the part if it is really broken, or adjust it if it's just misaligned like mine was.