cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 44 Sundancer w/ 8.1's in freshwater....

Irie_Mon
Guest Contributor

2006 44 Sundancer w/ 8.1's in freshwater. I have an alarm at the helm that sounds from time to time for absolutely no reason (that I can see anyway). Sea Ray monitor reads "Sea Ray Systems - All systems normal". SmartCraft - "no active helm or engine alarms". Doesn't matter if we're at the dock connected to shore power, anchored with gen set running or cruising across the lake. #frustrated.

Irie Mon

8 REPLIES 8

Jet_Rooster
Guest Contributor
Sounds like a High Water Alarm. Find the shower sumps and check that the bilge pumps/float switches, located within the sump are operating properly. Also, check the seal of the clear plexiglass lid to the sump. When the pumps fail, the sump fills and overflows into the bilge, which does not drain (in my case) to the main bilge. Hence, the high water alarm, sometimes activated when you accelerate and the water slides backwards to fill the sump or bilge and activate the alarm. Also, some A/C sumps drain to the bilge, if there is a blockage in the stringer throughput, it can build water levels. Here is a link for your Parts Manual https://s3.amazonaws.com/srweb-pvt-prod-us-east-1-294962523550/static/parts-manuals/2006__2006-44DA.pdf and here is your owners manual that describes the high water alarm system. https://s3.amazonaws.com/srweb-pvt-prod-us-east-1-294962523550/static/owners-manuals/2006_44%20Sundancer_44%20Sundancer.pdf Hope this helps, drove me crazy!

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
Pull the wall out on starboard side next to helm where system monitor gage is relay alarm behind wall defective I had the same exact problem I just unplugged mine

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
I would be sitting at the dock and for no apparent reason alarm would go off there was nothing wrong I had checked everything

lady_Patricia
Guest Contributor
Mine was a broken float on the AC discharge pump.

Big_mike1
Guest Contributor
But then u would be having a problem
ur pump would not be working I found
Nothing wrong everything was operating correctly
Good luck

seeraygo
Guest Contributor
I have a 2006 44 Sedan Bridge which the bilge alarm comes on when coming off plane. Check the bilge in front of the washing machine under the stairs. Like Jet Rooster said, that is where the overflow will go. If your shower box and float is all good, you might have a bigger problem like I do. I have water seeping through my stringers into that area. I've talked to Sea Ray many times and they recommended a few things. They said to pull the Thru Hulls and reseal because the boat is over 10 years old. The boat was only 5 years old when we noticed the problem. Sea Ray used an eco friendly sealant back then which was an inferior product. So we resealed all the thru hulls and transducer. Still had the problem. This winter we had the the bottom soda blasted to look for any cracks and damage in which the hull is fine. The bow thruster tunnel has a lot of peeling, which we are gonna have re-fiberglassed. So I understand your frustration. Keep us posted, Good luck!

Kirk
Guest Contributor
I have a 06 44 dancer. I had a similar experience and found it to be my VHF. Something about losing positioning. Reset and no longer alarms.

Charles_III
Guest Contributor
I have a 2006 40 Sundancer w/8.1's. Had a similar problem recently. Eventually learned that the shower sump pump was not working properly and would allow the sump to overflow. The alarm was related to a bilge pump activating, which would clear when the bilge pump shutdown. After replacing the shower sump and pump, the randam alarms discontinued. Good Luck!