cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd sensor photo included --- unsure...

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor

2nd sensor photo included --- unsure I can attach more than one photo to a post.

2 REPLIES 2

HOITY_TOITY
Guest Contributor
Good Morning I searched many electrical switch suppliers and could not find the exact replacement for the Cummins temperature switch #4078749 so I ordered it from Cummins local service center. It was very expensive but I am sure I got the correct sensor. I looked up the part based on my Cummins engine serial number for my QSC-8.3 on Cummins Quick Serve link to Genuine Cummins Parts The switch closes at 250 degrees and opens at 210 degrees F per Cummins Parts breakdown on description Spec XS9373-00. Part is restricted to SEARAY only according to the description

Hoity Toity - Unsure if you are still reading these posts, however I am still looking to replace the electrical switch on my Sundancer44 (2006).  The part i am attempting to find at a (more) reasonable price is Cummins #4078749. The best I can tell, the part continues to be backordered, even after 2 years. I have to believe there is a substitute sensor switch available. As Hoity Toity mentions, there is a Spec XS9373-00 available, however, I have not been able to find one. 

There surely have to be other members who are looking for this part. See my prior post which I have attached a photo of the unit. Greatly appreciate anyone who can suggest a work-around solution.  I am planning on taking my boat from CT to FL in the fall and would really desire to have my boat in topnotch condition when I leave on this trip. Thank you for your suggestions.