cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cutless Bearings for Sundancer...

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor

Cutless Bearings for Sundancer 44 with V-Drive Cummins Diesels -  Hello, I need to replace my Cutless Bearings on my Sundancer 44 (2006) - 2" shafts -- Can anyone tell me what size/dimension cutless bearings are  which it utilizes?  I will replace them using the "STRUTPRO" brand tool for removing the old bearings and reinstalling the new ones. Anyone have any experience using the STRUTPRO?. If so, were you pleased with it?  Thank you very much. Driving Herr Crazy -- Doug

4 REPLIES 4

Vis
Guest Contributor
Recently replaced on our 44DA with Morse cutlass bearing model 'HERRING, 2" X 2-5/8" X 8"'. Can't comment on the tool, shop did the repair.

Vis
Guest Contributor
Does your 44 have a blue hull by chance?

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor
Hi Vis- Thanks for your response -- should be very helpful information - now just need to figure out the best place to purchase the bearings. The hull is "champagne" according to my wife. I think it is tan or tope, Champagne sounds pretty extravagant so I suppose it is okay. The boat name had been "The Seventh Day". out of Plymouth MA. Will become "Driving Herr Crazy".

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor
Hi VIS - Thank you for your assistance with the size of the Cutless Bearing. Turns out the size was exactly as you've stated -- 2" x 2 5/8" x 8". I purchased the StrutPro for $395 plus the $180 bearing (borrowed a prop puller) and after 3 hrs replaced the bearing, prop and all. Saved a few dollars, educated myself on that part of my boat and have the StrutPro for when I need to do the other side or loan it out to a friend. Great tool --- would recommend it to anyone who is handy and a DIYer.