cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello - I am new to the Sport Yachts...

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor

Hello - I am new to the Sport Yachts (40-51) crowd since recently upgrading from a 330 Sundancer to a 2006 44 Sundancer.  Very excited about the approaching spring a couple of months away, although each day seems to creep along. One of the advantages of having this winter break is the ability to do a lot of planning and splurging on lots of fun products. In reviewing ads for 2005/2006 Sundancers with the same Cummins QSC (500 hp) engines, I notice many of the boats possess bilge ladders. Unfortunately my boat doesn't have one and it is a royal pain working my way into and out of the bilge. Can anyone advise where I might be able to locate one... new or used?  Thank you!

11 REPLIES 11

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor
Figured I’d simplify my request- Need a bilge ladder for my 44 Sundancer. Thanks to anyone who can assist me. New or used.

BWLF
Guest Contributor
I have a 2007 40 DA and missing the bilge ladder as well. I have tried several sources with no luck. If you come upon a source can you please post it.
Thanks

buddydog
Guest Contributor
I had to replace my swim platform ladder and had good luck with the OEM. Try G G SCHMITT & Company 717-394-3701

Knotacare
Guest Contributor
Welcome to the group. We bought the same boat as yours this past October and am spending pandemic time refurbishing. Too much fun! I have no ladder and found the best way into the bilge is with the hatch all the way up, approach into port side stern, just aft of the generator. Same way out. Ladder sounds good but not much room. A stainless shop could probably fashion one with a single leg with steps welded to either side.

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor
buddydog - thanks for the suggestion to contact GG Schmidtt. Yes, I believe they can assist BWLF and me if we decide to go that route. However I called today and the receptionist indicated they are flat out busy only servicing OEMs, no retail customers.--perhaps later in the spring(???). The receptionist indicated that I either get the part number from Sea-Ray or call back and speak with one of GG's engineers and they can advise if they offer the ladder at all (when they again service boaters like ours) and advise what the price would be. For now, I'm planning on taking Knotcare's advise (thank you Knotcare) of opening the hatch all the way and climbing down via the port side.... then decide how best to proceed. Thanks to all of you --- great forum.

RAV
Guest Contributor
I went from 330DA to 05 420DA 8yrs ago and still remain in love with the 42. Layout is identical, so if it woudl be helpful I can get onto my boat and take measurements and pictures. It would be easy for most machine shops to fabricate for you.
We added solar to the hardtop and the boat is basically energy independant now. We are on the hook extensively. Happy to share any of the upgrades with you if interested.

85 days to launch here in Ontario. 🙂

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor
Hi RAV,

Thanks for the reponse and offer to measure the ladder. Planning to avoid purchasing it for now. I am, however, extremely interested in your solor power. Yes, please provide some information. Name of supplier, approximate cost, photos, etc. Greatly appreciated. By the way, if the two of you don't look like you're living the life of Riley. Yes, can't wait for the boat to go in the water.

RAV
Guest Contributor
*Send me your email address and I will forward details on the solar. We
put 4X 100w panels on the hardtop. When sun is up, charges ~25amps. Made
the mistake of originally going with cheap internet panel and most failed
after 2nd year. The ones I put on 4 yrs ago are great and have 5 yrs
warranty. Charge controller is Bluetooth enabled so I can track, see
history, current performance etc from iPhone.*

Bob Vasily

*BOB VASILY* MBA | PRESIDENT | CANADIAN WOLLASTONITE | TEL: (613) 387-2734
X101 |

*Http://CanadianWollastonite.com <>*

FFFFAST
Guest Contributor
Hi Bob - thank you very much -- [email protected]

RAV
Guest Contributor
I was on my boat yesterday and snapped a couple of pictures of the engine compartment access ladder ... should they be helpful. It would be easy to have fabricated. Could only upload one pic here but can send additional if requested.

CapnRon
Guest Contributor
I’d like solar info also , my 90 420 doesn’t have a generator ( previous owner sold it) [email protected]