cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking at a Sea Ray 390/40...

Jayhawk
Guest Contributor

I am looking at a Sea Ray 390/40 Motor yacht with a lift platform and would like to hear from owners or former owners of this model with a lift platform. How does it perform with this add-on platform? Do you carry a dingy on the platform? How heavy is the dingy? What is the performance with the dingy? 

4 REPLIES 4

BamBaLam
Guest Contributor
We had a SeaRay 480 with the hydraulic platform from General Hydraulic Solutions (GHS), who built most if not all of the platforms for SeaRay. Ours was a 2004 model, and we eventually replaced all parts except for the platform itself. When it ran, it was great. You can contact GHS to find out the lift capacity. With ours, there wasn't a noticeable performance difference with or without the dinghy.

boating1
Guest Contributor
I have a 44 sundancer. Look up the max weight for carrying on your model. I carry a 600 lb jet ski. GHS lift Service issues to consider, the exterior lift pumps do not last more than 6 years, adjusting pressure helps. Exterior hydraulic lines should be replaced every 3 years. Call manufacturer they are great with helping with issues and mainatance stuff. When you call they will not to know the pump color. Also, you can get a owners manual on line.
Lifts are great to have when working.

Vee_One
Guest Contributor
We bought a 2006 Sundancer 40 a year and a half ago and the surveyor recommended against putting a lift platform on the boat. He said the boat isn’t big enough and that it will throw the balance and performance off.

Nextchapterny
Guest Contributor
I have a platform on a 480my and I couldn’t imagine the boat without it. I don’t notice any difference with or without the tender on and I squeezed an 11ft whaler on it. The MY’s have a pretty wide beam so stability shouldn’t be a problem even on the 40