cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have a 1999 Sundancer 450. Has...

krobel
Guest Contributor

We have a 1999 Sundancer 450. Has anyone ever replaced their refrigerator in a similar application?

7 REPLIES 7

SMT
Guest Contributor
I have a 97 450 after repairing the original several times I replaced it. I went with the original mfg and went on the internet to find a local dealer. I did we replaced both fridge and freezer it was expendive but getting the right demensions is critical and actually getting it in the boat it is critical too.. My wife wanted stainless. We have stainless Results were very good made boat look good too.

krobel
Guest Contributor
SMT, Can you give me the brand and model? Also, how much approximately? I figure we have no more than 24 inches to work with getting them in and out. Thanks so much.

SMT
Guest Contributor
I will when I get back to the boat and maybe I can dig up a receipt. I do know I did remove the door of both refrigerator and freezer to get them in the boat.

krobel
Guest Contributor
Thx much.

SMT
Guest Contributor
The refrigerator and freezer are from Marvel, Greenville MI. The refrigerator is a M024RAS2RS and freezer is a ML24FAS1LS1. This is the original Mfgr of the ones I took out of the boat. Mine are separate and on the port side. Some models had a washer/dryer on that side and used a different refrigerator/freezer. I will try to attach a photo. I did have to remove the doors (quite simple) to get them on the boat and take the old ones out. We were able to purchase them locally from and appliance store. Good Luck!

Get Outlook for Android<>

krobel
Guest Contributor
SMT,
Thx for the help. I'll start there. Our fridge is one piece and on the starboard side. It's 23" wide by 50" tall so it will go out my door/hatch. Two piece would be so much easier. It is behind two dark cherry doors.
Thx again.

Diduwanna
Guest Contributor
why are you replacing? they run on 12v or 115v