cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good Day,I have a 2007 Sundancer...

Dickcour
Guest Contributor

Good Day,

I have a 2007 Sundancer 310. The clamshell vent cover on the port side took a hit and needs to be replaced. Two of the three xmas tree retainers are broken off flush. May I just push them through or do I need to extract them. If extraction, any suggestions. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

TRSmith1016
Guest Contributor
Hi,
I would try to extract them. Drill a small hole in the pin and screw in a drywall screw. You can then pull them out with pliers. If they happen to push through or in far enough to allow adequate room for the new pins, no worries. I would recommend using an adhesive like 3M 5200 when you replace the vent. This will make it harder to knock off if you happen to hit it again.

TRSmith1016
Guest Contributor
Hello,
I would first try to extract the pins by drilling a small hole in the pin and thread in a drywall screw. You can then pull them out with pliers. If they happen to push through, no harm done.

Capt__Pete
Guest Contributor
I would be careful with the 5200. I have had the same problem a couple of times and if it happens again the clamshell might crack in half and you might have trouble removing the remaining piece. An option would be to use 4200 but I just reinstalled it using the Christmas tree inserts and caulk.

Dickcour
Guest Contributor
Thanks for the tips. I will give them a shot.
Community Tips

We want your journey here to be as great as can be, so we have put together some links to help you get quickly familiarized with the Community.