cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2002 360DA  Refrigerator and Freezer...

Cea_Lyn
Guest Contributor

2002 360DA  Refrigerator and Freezer issues.  Been chasing a couple of issues on keeping them working on shore power.  Finally replaced the AC/DC inverter on the Refrigerator, along with the fan today and it seems to be working.  on both shore power and when i shift to DC.  will check tomorrow on temp.  But while installing the inverter i noticed that the one for the Freezer may have been replaced already.  Does anyone know how long these last. 

Details on what is happening on the freezer: if on DC it will work fine. When switching to Shore power the light flashes and the fan seems to start and stop.  Am ready to change the inverter on this Freezer.  am I on the right track?

4 REPLIES 4

wingless
Rising Contributor
Does the Danfoss controller already have an LED to flash fault codes? If so, what fault codes / code meanings are being detected / displayed?

Note that there are a number of tests that may be performed prior to swapping the controller. Those tests are detailed in this topic.

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/f115/wingless-danfoss-bd50f-101n0500-refrigerator-problems-218711.html

Cea_Lyn
Guest Contributor
In my original post i said inverter i should have been more specific.My boat is equipped with Mobitronic switching power supply one for Frig and one for Freezer. There are no lights or display of any kind.

wingless
Rising Contributor
My speculation is that both the refrigerator and the freezer on that boat have Danfoss compressor systems, with dual voltage controllers.

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/44/74/414474_20211011182412223_19_LARGE.jpg

Assuming all that to be correct, then a good process to analyze then resolve the problems is to follow the appropriate steps for that system.

The topic link previously provided covers all those steps for a Danfoss compressor system.

Cea_Lyn
Guest Contributor
The Dadfoss compressor system is not on this boat. each unit is a 12V system with a seperate Mobitroinc switching power supply. after changing out the one for the Refrigerator. with the boat on shore power it cooled quickly and stayed cool for days. Switched it over to DC power and it continued to cool. I then switched the wires from the MObitroinc power supply to freezer. On shore power it worked great. after about 30 minutes it was freezing water. Switching to DC worked as well. therefore I have come to the conclusion that the Mobtironic Switch Power supply is the issue. Have another on order and should have it installed next week. Will update then. Thanks for your imput.