cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone one have advise? We have...

Flacoconut
Guest Contributor

Anyone one have advise? We have a 2006 260 Sundancer, and the norcold DC 12/24v refrigerator stopped cooling. So we took it out (they must have installed it before the top of the boat was put on ) barely, with great difficulty! We decided to mess with it in the garage and miraculously it began to work. For over a week we let it run. It froze water bottle and everything . So of course we reinstalled it and used it on shore power and it seemed weak but was doing the job so it was loaded for a day trip and took off. By the end of the day it was done. Running like normal, but just  not cooling. Afraid to buy a new frig for $700 and it possibly isn't the frig....Both of our batteries seem to be working well and we also had it running off the generator that day. Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

SCCML
Guest Contributor
I have a 2005 260 Sundancer. My norcold stopped working completely. Turned out to be the controller board. Expensive replacement at around $300. It's a tough call on spending money on the old unit vs putting in a new one.

SMT
Guest Contributor
Sounds like a problem I had with my fridg & a/c. I found cutting electricity off and cleaning all electrical contacts fixed my problem except fridg which was a 90 cent starter. I would make sure every contact is clean and protected before spending $$