cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello All, I have a sundancer 280...

totoyap
Guest Contributor

Hello All, I have a sundancer 280 model 2011-2013 would like to know if anybody can suggest how to remove the oem microwave?

because it doesnt seem to be workin and where can i buy a replacement? ..thank you. Regards to all Searay owners.

5 REPLIES 5

wingless
Rising Contributor
Welcome to the forum.

The cabinet below the microwave should be opened to expose screws in the upper surface retaining the board that the microwave is screwed onto from being retained to the cabinet.

The microwave dimensions look unusual. It may be required to use a different size and a filler panel.

https://images.boattrader.com/resize/1/88/9/7468809_20200602140748966_1_LARGE.jpg

totoyap
Guest Contributor
Greetings Wingless
The picture you attached is exactly my setup. I see 2 screws below the cabinet which i think holds the 2 mounts of the microwave feet. should i unscrew this and what should i do next? i tried to pull out the microwave but it doesnt budge and im am afraid to force it.

Thank you ...

wingless
Rising Contributor
There are more screws, probably two more.

Open the cabinet below the microwave and examine the top surface. There should be two more screws in that area.

All the screws must be removed to remove the microwave oven.

totoyap
Guest Contributor
Thank you @Paul Ferrara. Successfully removed it. By the way, I just knew today that you cant use microwaves while on battery inverter. you must be on shorepower or on generators is that correct?

wingless
Rising Contributor
YW

Correct, an inverter and the battery bank would both need to be huge to run the microwave.

When I installed the inverter onto my boat I wired it for televisions and for convenience AC charging receptacles.